Daul amp inputs

I have a sq2200 amp with one 1/0 input and I am fusing it with a 200 amp fuse. I want to get a two 1/0 adapter. Now my question is should I split the fuse rating between the two and do 100 amps each or keep the 200 and add another 200

Split it.....

By adding another run/input, you're not doubling the current it will pull, you're just supplying another route for the current to pass through. Make sense?

That does make sense. I was thinking 100 each cause I still only want the amp to see 200 amps. The second wore would help to lower wire resistance and help to deliver the the power faster with twice the circular mills

The amp is only going to pull as much current as it allows and depends on what you can give it....you can't give it more power that's not there (ie. Electrical setup....alt, etc). The fuse size is not going to regulate how much power your amp is getting....

Edit: well unless something goes wrong and that current spikes, that's what the fuse is there for but you're going to get more power out of the amp based on the fuse.

Singer Alternators

Team Asshole

#anothershittysingerbuild

Archived