Second Skin Audio

Sundown x-8 ported enclosure

r_sherrer29

With displacement it was sitting around 0.5 cubes....the more important issue is that it originally came with a 4" aero port that was almost 3" long....I dont know exactly how long it needs to be but I know it was wayyyyy too short. The woofer was basically free airing. A buddy made a smaller square port insert which brought it down from 66hz to 48 I believe.

Yeah, that's pretty fail.

Would you be so kind to offer me a load of advise as I begin my adventure with my first box.

2011 Silverado Ext Cab

Pioneer 6100NEX

SkyHigh 1/0

XS Power 

Polk db521 coax in rear

Skar 6.5 Components

Sundown SAE1000-D

Fosgate P600x4

You need .75 cubes net with 14" of port tuned in the mid 30s. 14" of port in an aero is a 4" aero

Should I be loading off the roof or door? I was told door because the roof is too far away, is that correct? What are some key differences in loudness from slot port to aero.

2011 Silverado Ext Cab

Pioneer 6100NEX

SkyHigh 1/0

XS Power 

Polk db521 coax in rear

Skar 6.5 Components

Sundown SAE1000-D

Fosgate P600x4

Well I figured since you had aero you'd want to keep an aero.

Im so pissed at my whole box ordeal that I am open to anything, this was the first box I have ever had that was aero and obviously a bad experience but it was build incorrectly. If you look at images in link, you can see the challenging area I have to work with.

2011 Silverado Ext Cab

Pioneer 6100NEX

SkyHigh 1/0

XS Power 

Polk db521 coax in rear

Skar 6.5 Components

Sundown SAE1000-D

Fosgate P600x4

If someone has any links to good post or video on how to do a glass and wood box I am all ears. I think I am going to glass in the bottom and do the rest in birch with dark stained sides and a leather/vinyl top. Any one have links to those stainless steel screws with rings around head that I see people using?

2011 Silverado Ext Cab

Pioneer 6100NEX

SkyHigh 1/0

XS Power 

Polk db521 coax in rear

Skar 6.5 Components

Sundown SAE1000-D

Fosgate P600x4

Archived