Second Skin Audio

Sundown x-8 ported enclosure

r_sherrer29

Im looking into building a box for my 2011 silverado ext. cab that fits on the passenger side with the seat folded up or down. This will be my first box, I am currently going without bump because the shop I had make me a box messed it up big time. I added some pictures of where my current sub is and that is where I want the new box to go. Also, what should I look at for giving it airspace wise?

2011 Silverado Ext Cab

Pioneer 6100NEX

SkyHigh 1/0

XS Power 

Polk db521 coax in rear

Skar 6.5 Components

Sundown SAE1000-D

Fosgate P600x4

Sundown told me not to run an X-8 in anything over .75 cubes

Did they give any reasoning? And do you have any ideas for boxes in my truck after looking at the pictures?

2011 Silverado Ext Cab

Pioneer 6100NEX

SkyHigh 1/0

XS Power 

Polk db521 coax in rear

Skar 6.5 Components

Sundown SAE1000-D

Fosgate P600x4

Did they give any reasoning? And do you have any ideas for boxes in my truck after looking at the pictures?

Any bigger than that and the mechanical power handling is going to go down too much and output will be really peaky.

I don't really know what to tell you as far as a box for your truck. What was wrong with the one the shop built for you?

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Any bigger than that and the mechanical power handling is going to go down too much and output will be really peaky.

I don't really know what to tell you as far as a box for your truck. What was wrong with the one the shop built for you?

With displacement it was sitting around 0.5 cubes....the more important issue is that it originally came with a 4" aero port that was almost 3" long....I dont know exactly how long it needs to be but I know it was wayyyyy too short. The woofer was basically free airing. A buddy made a smaller square port insert which brought it down from 66hz to 48 I believe.

2011 Silverado Ext Cab

Pioneer 6100NEX

SkyHigh 1/0

XS Power 

Polk db521 coax in rear

Skar 6.5 Components

Sundown SAE1000-D

Fosgate P600x4

With displacement it was sitting around 0.5 cubes....the more important issue is that it originally came with a 4" aero port that was almost 3" long....I dont know exactly how long it needs to be but I know it was wayyyyy too short. The woofer was basically free airing. A buddy made a smaller square port insert which brought it down from 66hz to 48 I believe.

Yeah, that's pretty fail.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Archived