Joe X Posted August 28, 2015 Report Posted August 28, 2015 The one on the right looks fine to me except 2 6" aeros is not enough port area if you were to push the whole 3400W. The one on the left is trouble, if you place the sub close to the roof is in a way like doing subs up in a trunk car.
Inetba Posted August 28, 2015 Author Report Posted August 28, 2015 Ok, so I'm basically trying to build a small wall now. Can't fit an 18" woofer AND a 10" aero port so I decided to try a slot port. This thing would look pretty incredible in the trunk, I can assure that.
Joe X Posted August 28, 2015 Report Posted August 28, 2015 That's nice, Subs / port forward will work well but you will need to seal off. Can't see your Torres though.
Inetba Posted August 28, 2015 Author Report Posted August 28, 2015 Well, I want to avoid sealing off, I'm mostly looking for something louder than my current 15" @ 900 watts at 22hz. I'm not looking to compete any time soon, it's mostly for my own amusement.
Joe X Posted August 28, 2015 Report Posted August 28, 2015 If you are not looking to seal off I would bet on the sub up / port back box although you can build both just for fun.
Inetba Posted August 28, 2015 Author Report Posted August 28, 2015 I'm going to see if I can somehow fit the woofer and a 10" aero port on the same face of the box. Any dangers having the port really close to the woofer?
Joe X Posted August 29, 2015 Report Posted August 29, 2015 If sub and port are in the same face there's no chance the internal end of the port will too be close to the sub.
Inetba Posted August 29, 2015 Author Report Posted August 29, 2015 mwahahahaha. devious thoughts... I still really like the slot port along the top idea. Still gotta figure out how I'm gonna brace these huge things.
Inetba Posted August 29, 2015 Author Report Posted August 29, 2015 Also, I read that box thickness isn't as important as bracing? Thoughts?
Inetba Posted August 29, 2015 Author Report Posted August 29, 2015 Headdesk. I've been trying to give my 18 about 150 square inches of port with a slot port and I started looking at manufacturers websites and the Z18 recommends 104 square inches of port per 18 inch woofer. MUCH less than 150 square inches. So I think I'm going to reduce the port area to 110 square inches so I can more easily tune lower/make the port wider.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.