Second Skin Audio

Sub Enclosure Help needed

petro-rr808

Wussup guys.... this is my first post lol.... I joined just to ask this question, but i have been coming in here for a while just to read and gather ideas.

I have a 1996 Impala SS and ive been trying to figure out just what the hell to do for an enclosure for my HCCA104. Ive had that sub for 3 years now and ive ben satisfied with it. I know its not really an SQ sub but it works for me.

the measurements for the area i plan to put the box would be 11H x 22W x 20L. rear firing is fine. the car is mint and i dont want to cut up the rear deck. i have however, opened up the hole where the rear center armrest is to get sound from the trunk to the cabin.

Ill be using a Hifonics BRX2014 to power it with a Rockford PEQ. Im eclectic in musical taste but have a soft spot for the lows (32hz) of hip hop and Dubstep and country, and the PEQ does well with getting that kick drum when im listening to Dire Straits or other Classic rock/rock. Im a carpenter by trade and i can build the box, just not good at designing one lol.

Im just asking for input on Port size (Round would be the easiest) or if someone could throw a T-line (if thats applicable) or vented design my way Id really appreciate it. thank you in advance.

Archived