Second Skin Audio

Silverado Center Counsole

r_sherrer29

Yeah give me a second and I'll dig up his build log for you.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Just read through it all, he has a great build. His box is higher than I want to be. My truck currently has the jump seat so no captain chairs with arm rest....don't want the sub on top for people to hit with arms. Im also worried about me resting my arm on the center console as I drive....might loose feeling in it constantly lol

2011 Silverado Ext Cab

Pioneer 6100NEX

SkyHigh 1/0

XS Power 

Polk db521 coax in rear

Skar 6.5 Components

Sundown SAE1000-D

Fosgate P600x4

I decided I am going to heavily modify a stock center console. I will be glassing over the entire inside, making a panel by cup holders for SMD guages as well. The opening arm rest storage area of the console will no longer be able to open but still there for an arm rest. I plan on cutting out the top of the arm rest and replace it with a lexan window so you can see the 3sixty. On the rear, facing the back seat will be the woofer. Plan Is to port it with wood and glass on inside of console. Starting with my X8 on .75 cubes after displacement. I will be cutting into the back and extending it to offer more of a slimmed look to the bezel of the sub versus just a sub on a flat face. No one is in my back seat(well 90% of the time or it would be removed) so I am going to take up alot of the foot room the center seat would have. I am debating between a slot port or aero ports. the slotted port would vent below the sub running alongside the transmission hump with a piece of wood under the seat for it to load off of. For aeros was thinking dual aeros below the subs vented towards the rear seats in the same fashion of loading off the wood plate. Let me know what you guys think. It will all be prelim design until I get home in about 2 weeks and access to tools to start this project off. I will then make a build blog.

2011 Silverado Ext Cab

Pioneer 6100NEX

SkyHigh 1/0

XS Power 

Polk db521 coax in rear

Skar 6.5 Components

Sundown SAE1000-D

Fosgate P600x4

Archived