Second Skin Audio

Silverado Center Counsole

r_sherrer29

I am taking out my jump seat in my silverado in hopes of getting a stock GM center counsel to beef up and make a ported box with my single X8 firing out the back or maybe an X10 out the back?? I'm only using it for my sub, and I'm going to make a gauge mount for the SMD gear. So do I work with the stock one or go right to custom? My worry with custom is I have seen 10,000 shitty ones and 10 good ones. I'm torn and could really use guidance and advice from people who have built a center console enclosure.

2011 Silverado Ext Cab

Pioneer 6100NEX

SkyHigh 1/0

XS Power 

Polk db521 coax in rear

Skar 6.5 Components

Sundown SAE1000-D

Fosgate P600x4

Ehh with heavy modifications you can fit something (looking at one now)...but at that point why not do custom I guess. Any pictures or recommendations?

2011 Silverado Ext Cab

Pioneer 6100NEX

SkyHigh 1/0

XS Power 

Polk db521 coax in rear

Skar 6.5 Components

Sundown SAE1000-D

Fosgate P600x4

You could just do a wood ring, and then glass it onto wherever you want to mount it, then glass the whole inside. If you want to keep it somewhat stock.

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

The plan if I was going to do stock would be to gut it, glass entire inside for strength and then maybe see if I could do a slot port on bottom of the floor. I just hate the boxy looks that 99% of people go with; thy just don't flow with the interior. I really enjoy the stock curvature. Maybe parts of stock console with custom parts?

2011 Silverado Ext Cab

Pioneer 6100NEX

SkyHigh 1/0

XS Power 

Polk db521 coax in rear

Skar 6.5 Components

Sundown SAE1000-D

Fosgate P600x4

Its a 2011 extended cab. I think I am going to order a perfect curve and lay some templates down then jump on SolidWorks and see what I come up with for a design and hope my skills are good enough to accomplish it haha. Any recommendations on the perfect arc things? One that olds its shape really well.

2011 Silverado Ext Cab

Pioneer 6100NEX

SkyHigh 1/0

XS Power 

Polk db521 coax in rear

Skar 6.5 Components

Sundown SAE1000-D

Fosgate P600x4

One of the sexiest center console builds ever.

Bigger truck then yours but you could use the same general idea.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

One of the sexiest center console builds ever.

Bigger truck then yours but you could use the same general idea.

Is he on here? Would love to get ahold of him for some ideas and tips!

2011 Silverado Ext Cab

Pioneer 6100NEX

SkyHigh 1/0

XS Power 

Polk db521 coax in rear

Skar 6.5 Components

Sundown SAE1000-D

Fosgate P600x4

Archived