FI 4 life Posted September 1, 2015 Report Posted September 1, 2015 I have a 98 dodge 1500 extended cab. I'm wondering what setup would be louder daily for me. I have a design made up for 3 crossfire xsv2 15's in a 4th order wall with 2.8:1 ratio. My second option is cheaper of coarse. 4 hdc3 15's in a ported wall with center port. I'm wanting loudest for daily music use/ demo only. I'm kind of set on 4th order simply because I can add more power to the woofers later on but I would like help with which would be best.
rockFord_Expedition Posted September 1, 2015 Report Posted September 1, 2015 band passes are much tougher to build the right way, especially the first time. Lot more trial and error and testing and re building if you are chasing numbers. Old School/New School RF Build March 2015 SOTM Winner How to crimp large wire
Triticum Agricolam Posted September 1, 2015 Report Posted September 1, 2015 The 4 HDC315 will probably have a lot wider bandwidth than the bandpass box will. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
FI 4 life Posted September 1, 2015 Author Report Posted September 1, 2015 The guy that's building is a wiz building bandpasses.
FI 4 life Posted September 1, 2015 Author Report Posted September 1, 2015 I'm not chasing numbers just want loudest on decaf etc.. I'll have one crescendo 5500 for now
rockFord_Expedition Posted September 1, 2015 Report Posted September 1, 2015 What did your box building wiz have to say when you asked him? Old School/New School RF Build March 2015 SOTM Winner How to crimp large wire
FI 4 life Posted September 1, 2015 Author Report Posted September 1, 2015 Basically asked what I'm wanting and I told him loudest musical and he recommended 4th order because that's what he likes best
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.