gewaun Posted September 6, 2015 Report Posted September 6, 2015 Need help on box design for 2 12" Alpine Bassline SWA-12S4 subs. They will be powered by Rockford Fosgate R1200.1d amp, they will be wired for 750w @ 2ohm. The subs were giving to me by my son with the beliefs of them just being cheap subs with no potential, I just have to prove him wrong. They will be going in a 96 Yukon 2dr. my max available space will be 46" wide, 22" height, 20" deep. Here are sub specs. SPL-87.6 dB Re-3.6 Ohm Le- Fs-30Hz Vas-67.8L (2.39 ft^3) Qms-7.07 Qes-0.53 Qts-0.49 Sd-452 cm2 Xmax-10mm Xmech-52mm 50w-250w RMS 750w PEAK 60 oz. magnet weight 50mm voice coil Tuning 35-40Hz F3-32Hz ripple-4dB Fb-37Hz Any help will be thankful if any other specs needed let me known
Joe X Posted September 8, 2015 Report Posted September 8, 2015 So here is a suggestion, power: to subs rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 3 1/2", figure is just an assembly guide:
gewaun Posted September 9, 2015 Author Report Posted September 9, 2015 Thanks for the support that box is exactly what I was looking for. Now I just have to figure out a cutout sheet for Lowe's without getting it wrong. Any chance U can help with that?
immageek Posted September 10, 2015 Report Posted September 10, 2015 Thanks for the support that box is exactly what I was looking for. Now I just have to figure out a cutout sheet for Lowe's without getting it wrong. Any chance U can help with that? Try this app, http://www.delphiforfun.org/Programs/CutList.htm , that's what I used for my box, though I cut it myself and not Lowes, but it's fairly simple to understand.
gewaun Posted September 11, 2015 Author Report Posted September 11, 2015 Thanks immageek the app worked great, just found out I'm gonna need 2 sheets for this build. That's the kind of heads up first time box builders need.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.