Ryan Bonner Posted September 7, 2015 Report Posted September 7, 2015 Hey Guys, audio newbie here, I currently have 2 Alpine Type R's (10 inch) in the trunk of my 2008 350z Roadster, it just isnt giving me the kind of bang I'm looking for. I have decided to upgrade a bit and I'm putting in 1 12 inch Orion HCCA 122 into the trunk instead (Pulling out spare tire for more room on the box). Trying to see if anyone else has put these in such a small place and the ups/downs of it (not currently dynomatted or anything, but am in the process of doing so). Anything else that I'm missing feel free to let me know as I am a relative newby in the car audio game, thanks.
Ryan Bonner Posted September 7, 2015 Author Report Posted September 7, 2015 I have ordered new battery / OFC 0 gauge wire as well that I'm still trying to figure out where to install at.
biscuitownz Posted September 7, 2015 Report Posted September 7, 2015 Isn't the trunk sealed off from the cabin in the roadster?
MotorCityFats13 Posted September 8, 2015 Report Posted September 8, 2015 Yes it is do you have it ported through the package tray... if not then adding any subs will all sound the same because you are getting no air flow
Ryan Bonner Posted September 8, 2015 Author Report Posted September 8, 2015 I had herd on another car audio place, that that is what I should do, is there any one else who has done something like this ( I would ideally like to build it myself to save some money for an amp) Literally open to any and all suggestions or ideas on it, I just dont know enough on it.
biscuitownz Posted September 8, 2015 Report Posted September 8, 2015 You're better off working with the stock sub location than working more with the trunk. You could probably modify the stock sub box to make it sound better. Still better than having crazy trunk rattle and no bass?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.