Please Help!

ok, so probably another stupid question, but i cant seem to figure it out....i was doin a basic sound package just cd player and speakers for a friend of mine....and for some reason the cd player is freakin out. the factory wiring is 12v const. is yellow and 12v. switched is red, so i hooked up red - red yellow-yellow in accordance with the cd player wiring...tried and didnt work, so i switched and went red-yellow yellow-red, still didnt work...a friend of mine that was over there was like oh yea mine did the same thing, so i asked him what he did....he put all four of the wires together..granted the cd player works now...i wanted to know if this is very safe(cuz i dont think it is??) and if anyone knows why it wud act like that?.....any and all help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

J.A.M AUDIO

Owner

North Texas

Authorized DC Sound Lab Dealers

m_8e0e9deb0e2a020a7ff1bf0d3a6c3306.jpg

groundpounders-sig-1.jpg

I had to hard wire my first ever head unit when I was 16 and I did that same thing and blew a bunch of circiuts in my hu

If it doesnt work y-y r-r Idk, maybe someone else can help u there

2000 Chevy Blazer

ALT. - Mechman 270amp

DECK - Pioneer DEH-P4000UB

INTERIOR - Infinity Reference 6020cs

INT. AMP - RF P400-4

SUBS - 2 15" RF Punch P3s

SUB AMP - RF T1000-1bd

REAR BATT. - Stinger SPP1200

Just a lil sum sum to get me back in the game!!

you need a multi meeter, to find which wire is really, on with the key and on all the time, once you know which is which it should make installing it alot eaiser

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

its safe but you should have to turn the radio on and off manually.

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg