Sundown Audio

Orion 5000d

alaskanbass

why does it have two + two - and two rem for it.. do they all need to be hooked up.. kinda weird..

clarion cz500 head unit

Kinetik hc600

2 level 3 15s in a 4th order

mb quart 1500.1 (for now untill i get a dc 1.2k)

all knu konceptz wiring

in a 2009 ford flex

-DISKOLORED AUDIO-

-Authorized Dealer for DC Soundlab in Alaska-

The amp is a dual power supply design.

It's REALLY important that you power up both +'s and both -'s or the amp may crap itself.

I don't know about the REM's... it seems odd to have 2 because they are very low current anyway... try putting a multimeter across them on resistance, if it's 0 ohms they're connected internally...

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

i always thought that dual power supply amps where.... one for main power(battery) and ground and the other power supply was just a built in spot for the capacitor... im not sure about the orion but its like that on the MTX TA series

1 Fi Sp4 18

Crescendo 2k

selenium mids

audioque supertweets

Hifonics for mids and and highs

1/0 power and grounds

---> on the way singer alt and possibly another

2k depending how sub likes 1 2k

i always thought that dual power supply amps where.... one for main power(battery) and ground and the other power supply was just a built in spot for the capacitor... im not sure about the orion but its like that on the MTX TA series

it's the same on the 95-98 RF Punch amps too. sort of elminates a distribution block.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

With really big amps the maximum current draw is larger than what a single run of 0ga can take... so instead of making us buy 00 or bigger they just have 2 power supplies inside :)

The grounds are usually paralleled internally but you'll find the +12v is probably quite separate.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Archived