Sonic Electronix

I have a crunch gp2500. I had it wired at .5 for a few seconds, never had a voltage drop and i turned it down as i got to the stop light and was still on, well i go to turn it back up and no bass. I get home check all the fuses nothing blown. Whats the problem?

1997 2 Door Blazer

Bagged & Body Dropped

SBC/TH350

Any chance it went into Thermal protect.

Did you give it 45 minutes to cool down and try it again?

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

45mins? I dont think it blew, i took of the cover and not a single resistor, trans. and everything else looks good1 There is not a single burn mark no blown fuses. So it takes a bit if it went into thermal protect?

1997 2 Door Blazer

Bagged & Body Dropped

SBC/TH350

Ya i wasn't suggesting that it blew up.

From what you wrote the only thing I could think of was the thermal protect kicking in.

but if you shut down the amp for awhile then tried to turn it back on and it didn't come back on, I don't know what to tell you.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Terryswork001.png

Hey focker..You've had this thing for 3 days and already blew it up? :mad: ..I'll be in Daytona tonight and If you want I'll bring my DMM and O-Scope and we can go from there....Need me to bring anything else?

A half-wit gave you a piece of his mind, and you held on to it.

My Youtube vids...enjoyDC.jpgdcsig-1.jpg2pt8a6w.png

anythings possible with the right build =] we accept visa and mastercard =]

i had it wired at .5 to see what it would do thinking it would go into protect before it blew. I bumped it for a few seconds as i got onto the road so i could have higher rpms and more voltage. It stayed at about 14 then i turned it down as i got to the light. Turned it back up as i was driving thru the light and there was no more bass. I got home checked the wiring and it all looks good.

1997 2 Door Blazer

Bagged & Body Dropped

SBC/TH350

The .5 ohm thing is whats bothering me with that amp.

Terryswork001.png