Blakes25r Posted September 18, 2015 Report Posted September 18, 2015 Hey SMD forum, My names Blake, Im trying to find a woofer that will replace my Alpine Type R (swr12d4). Reasons why i want to replace the woofer is I'm running it at 2 ohms and the cone is bottoming out on the low notes. I like how it sounds and how wide of a frequency response it has in this box, but i can't stand not being able to give the woofer all of the power i have. I called the stereo shop that builds my stuff (Larry from advanced mobile security in Bakersfield, CA) and they don't have on record what the size of my enclosure is. I tried my best to measure it with the panels being in the way, Measuring the entire Box I got 31" length, 11" width, 14" height and I'm not sure on the thickness of the wood. Port is 3.2" wide, 13" tall. I don't know the length of the port. Out of all of the woofers I've looked at, I've come down to a Dc audio Lvl 3 12 or a custom PSI 12 platform 1. At first I was 100% on getting a Lvl 3 because they are supposed to like smaller boxes (I'm guessing my box is smaller since it was made for a type R), but it would be awesome to get a woofer custom made to my set up. All thats holding me back from PSI is the lack of reviews and the negative reviews I've read of the cones getting soft fast. Im open to any brand, so if please let me know of a woofer you think would sound good in my enclosure and why. I apologize for the lack of information I have, Thank you!
audiofanaticz Posted September 18, 2015 Report Posted September 18, 2015 just take the woofer out, and measure the inside dimensions of your box to see its actual size, that will be about the easiest way to go about it, and then you can measure the port length right away too.
Blakes25r Posted September 18, 2015 Author Report Posted September 18, 2015 That was a super fast answer to my problem, thanks @audiofanaticz !
Blakes25r Posted September 18, 2015 Author Report Posted September 18, 2015 Anyway I can delete this post ? Thats the dumbest question ever haha, I don't know how i didn't think of taking the sub out and measuring the inside of the box… I need sleep
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.