Battery Questions From Newbie....

You might check this link out. Stinger did an independent test with JBI labs to see how the Kinetic batteries really stacked up against their imported yellow top batteries. I was suprised to see that the Kinetic batteries were highly overstating the ratings. That may be why Powermaster batteries filed a federal lawsuit againt them a few days ago.

http://www.stingerelectronics.com/theTruth/index.html

I don't want to recommend a certain battery but I want to make sure you know exactly what your getting. I do know that lead prices are going up just like copper so battery prices are getting ready to make a big jump.

Darvex468smd.jpg

You might check this link out. Stinger did an independent test with JBI labs to see how the Kinetic batteries really stacked up against their imported yellow top batteries. I was suprised to see that the Kinetic batteries were highly overstating the ratings. That may be why Powermaster batteries filed a federal lawsuit againt them a few days ago.

http://www.stingerelectronics.com/theTruth/index.html

I don't want to recommend a certain battery but I want to make sure you know exactly what your getting. I do know that lead prices are going up just like copper so battery prices are getting ready to make a big jump.

Yikes! I guess I better do some reading, I have no problem with going Stinger or Powermaster , but am not sure if they offer something for just one battery setups, and in the $175 price range of the kinetik. I've got a few weeks before I get the new setup fully going, so I have time to see where this goes. Thanks for the heads up!

Edited by ptcary

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG

Always got to love test conducted by a company showing their product is better.

I agree, but he did state that testing was done by independent lab. I am curious, though, as to why this was a Stinger vs Kinetik test and he mentions that Powermaster is suing Kinetik. I can find no info about this on the web.

I have nothing against Stinger products and know that he is a Stinger dealer, I would definately get a Powermaster battery as they are supporters here and have great products, it's just that I have a low powered setup, and have limited funds, so a Kinetik for ~$175 is perfect for me.

I am more than sure that there are several Kinetik owners here that have had no issues with their batteries. Even if an HC1800 didn't test at it's advertised ratings, it is still more than I would need anyway.

Oh well, it's all a learning experience for me.

Edited by ptcary

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG

I just wanted to point out that some of the info manfactures are posting is inaccurate. I know Stinger spent a fortune to have all the tests done with JBI labs. I guess the battery markets very important to them as well as powermaster. Powermaster actually has all the documentation posted on their front page. They've made it a very public affair.

http://www.powermastermotorsports.com/

I'm sure the Kinetics are good batteries. With the economy in a pinch right now I think it's important you get most for the dollar. Anyway, good luck with the purchase.

Darvex468smd.jpg

so which is better the kinetik or the powermaster and the optima battery is a NO-NO?

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

Wow!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't know that and I was on the Pmaster site yesterday. It seems that all they are trying to do is to get them to stop giving out bad info on their items.

Gotta love PM. Now c'mon release the D3400 so I won't have to alter under my hood!!

Edited by mrrairai

Member since 25 Jun 2006

2011 Yukon DenaliCustomLightz 4300K HID RetrofitEsky TailsEsky Third BrakeEsky 22sEsky Appliques

• 2 weeks later...

I think the hole independent study thing is poo!( my opinion ) I can't see a lab wasting all that time if they didn't have some way of selling the spec sheets to make money!!! You can't tell me they are the first to say independent study. Fast food has been doin the same thing for decades. Go figure somebody pays some one to make up dirt ( USA WAY MANE). Not saying this is the case don't want to take sides this is my (overall) opinion.

Chris

missinglinkaudio

r91ks0.jpg

The United States Marine Corps. When it absolutely, positively has to be destroyed overnight - even if "it" belongs to the base commander...

Actually it cost Stinger ( AAMP of America ) nearly $30,000 to have JBI labs do the testing. That just goes to show you how import the battery market must be to them. I think the point of what Powermaster is doing in court is trying to level the field so the consumers really know what their buying. Just about everything be manufactured now has regulations, that includes battery specs. So some of these guys that might be fudging the numbers are being called out so to speak.

Darvex468smd.jpg