Second Skin Audio

rockford fosgate punch hx2 15 box build

I have 2 rockford fosgate punch hx2 15 ( not the power versions ). They will be powered by a rockford fosgate power bd1000a1 amp and have 33" width 16.5 " height and up to 28 " bottom depth and 24 " of top depth. I want to go ported to get a sql or really good spl setup. I have a 1991 honda accord. I mostly listen to rap and rock here and there. Now where should I put the port? Should I use a precision port, slot port, or a labyrinth port? What should I tune the port to? Should I face the subs to the front or back? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you for your time. Also I don't have access to a computer right now so I can't run winisd or anything similar. If you know of a android app that would work the same as winisd let me know thanks again.

Same subs I've got running currently. 5 cubes net 81 sq. in of port tuned to 38. 3" coils ftw

They are awesome subs and do what they were meant to do amazingly well. Remember though, these were designed back in the day when "low" was like 35 - 40 hz so don't tune too low.

They are dual 4 but my power bd1000a1 was factory refurbished and it has a fan mounted on the back plate to help keep it cool bc the bd1000a1 gets hot when ran at 1 ohm. I know they don't rate them at 1 ohm but ive seen a few ppl run em at 1 ohm and only issue was it got hot.

They are dual 4 but my power bd1000a1 was factory refurbished and it has a fan mounted on the back plate to help keep it cool bc the bd1000a1 gets hot when ran at 1 ohm. I know they don't rate them at 1 ohm but ive seen a few ppl run em at 1 ohm and only issue was it got hot.

Yeah, BigDWiz mentioned the older RF amps could run at 1 Ohm. I have 2 800a2's and a 360a2 and yeah, they get hot even at 4 ohms, even hotter at 2 Ohm. I hear they shut down alot until they cool off.

-Frank

Ya thats why I mounted a fan on the back plate. I also have a 200a4 and a 360a2 for mids and highs they don't get that hot but I did see what bigdwez said about them getting hot. Ive only ran my bd1000a1 at 2 ohm and have not had any problems with it getting hot but I'll let you know how it goes when I get my box built how my amp does.

Rockford expedition what was the dimensions of your box? And what are the dimensions for your port? I am thinking about doing a similar box but face my subs towards the back and the port up through the rear deck. Love your build too. I'm a big rockford fosgate fan I expecially love the old school rockford.

Archived