Second Skin Audio

What Size Box For 2 Type R 15's?

KevinH

ok so im building a box for a friend and he has two type r 15s and i want to build him a ported box, but i was wondering on what size box and what to tune the port to for them to sound good playing music but also get pretty loud, i was thinking something between 6-7 cubic feet, but im not sure what to tune the port to? any help is appreciated

The box should be at least 7 - 8 cubes after displacement. If you want it to sound great on music AND be loud, tune it between 33 and 37 hertz, where closer to 30 hertz for music and vice versa for SPL

ive tried this site what do you guy think about this, should i trust it? to me it seems like a huge port, but thats just me, i could be wrong since ive never had 15's

http://www.subwoofertools.com/forum/ported...;Fs=23&CE=0

its going in a 97 chevy blazer and the space is really limited back there, right now with the box being 24" deep the port is only going to be like 4" away from the back gate

ok well i started the box, and the dimensions are 37" wide, 24" tall, and 22" deep and the port is going to be tuned to 34 Hz, so all together it should give me around 7.5 cubic feet

Here are the subs im building the box for...

subs.jpg

Here is the box so far, getting dark tonight and cant really do much more

box2.jpg

box.jpg

Archived