Sonic Electronix

I wanted to ask you guys what you think about adding two more 12's to my current setup. I currently have 2 12 inch L7's in a 6 cubic ft. ported box, and i wanted to know if i could add 2 more 12's in the same box? I was gonna add them 2 the top of the box. You can see my box in my profile pic....im not sure if i have enough room in the box or not, i hope i do cus i dont want to have to build another box, so if you guys have any suggestions on how i could make this work i would appreciate it.

2000 Eddie Bauer Expedition:

Alpine CDA 9883

2x 18" DC lvl 4 D2

10.7 cu ft box 33hz

knu 1/0 wire

amp: Kicker ZX2500.1

Kinetik

tatoosmall2.jpg

banner2.jpg

it might get a lil bit louder but no as loud as having all four of them in the proper size enclosure. you'll need at least a good 10 cu ft for four 12s

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

Dont do it. Then you wont have enough air space for the subs and your probally be louder with the 2 you have no with that because its deffintally not enough box space for 4 12"s. For the 2 12"s that really good. You would also have to get another amp also, more wireing etc.

it might get a lil bit louder but no as loud as having all four of them in the proper size enclosure. you'll need at least a good 10 cu ft for four 12s

I dont think it would get louder at all. My friend did it and he lost 3 dbs. Box was way too small for it, box is louder subs back port back, amp ohm wont make sense and 2 subs up and 2 subs back dont do much either. Your better off getting as much potential as you can out of the 2 subs you have now.

My suggestion would be to get a better amp. Something that pushes more power and really lets that box and postition get the most out of it.

I dont think it would get louder at all. My friend did it and he lost 3 dbs. Box was way too small for it, box is louder subs back port back, amp ohm wont make sense and 2 subs up and 2 subs back dont do much either. Your better off getting as much potential as you can out of the 2 subs you have now.

My suggestion would be to get a better amp. Something that pushes more power and really lets that box and postition get the most out of it.

yea....i get what your saying.....but i just like the idea of 4 12's. If i do it im gonna do it right and just build a new box and run one of the same amps that i already have. I'll make the box like 10-12 cubic ft. and have each sub gettin around 750 rms....i just gotta figure out where im gonna get the money to do all of this lol

Alpine CDA 9883

2x 18" DC lvl 4 D2

10.7 cu ft box 33hz

knu 1/0 wire

Kinetik

tatoosmall2.jpg

banner2.jpg

yea....i get what your saying.....but i just like the idea of 4 12's. If i do it im gonna do it right and just build a new box and run one of the same amps that i already have. I'll make the box like 10-12 cubic ft. and have each sub gettin around 750 rms....i just gotta figure out where im gonna get the money to do all of this lol

any suggestions on how to do this?

Alpine CDA 9883

2x 18" DC lvl 4 D2

10.7 cu ft box 33hz

knu 1/0 wire

Kinetik

tatoosmall2.jpg

banner2.jpg