Questions on installing Audio Control LC2i

Recently purchased an LC2i along with an MTX amp and sub box. Installed it in the trunk of my 09 G8 and had no issues with it.

Over the past week I have removed all the factory speakers and replaced them with aftermarket ones, Lanzar 6.5 components in the doors and Pyle 8's in the rear deck all to be powered off of a Rockford Prime 600-4D. I ran all new speaker wires into the doors and to the rear deck and the amps are wired up. When I turned the key ahead to listen to the stereo I'm not getting any sound at all. The amps and LC2i are lighting up but it seems I'm not getting any signal.

My question is does the speaker leads that I have tapped into for the LC2i have to be connected to the speakers for the unit to see signal?

Chris

2009 Pontiac G8 GT

2 Precision Power 12's Power Class

2 Precision Power Phantom P1000.1

Rockford Fosgate Prime 600-4D

4 Lanzar 6.5 components

2 Pyle 8's

Audio Control LC2i

Stock headunit

lc2i, gets it's signal from the speaker outs on the deck. When you hooked up your 4 channel amp what did you do to send the signal to the lc2i?

The lc6i would be best in your situation, but you don't have it. To use what you have wire the front speaker wire outs from the deck to the lc2i.

Run the speakers front and rear wires to the 4 channel amp. Next run RCA spillers to feed both amps. You will lose the ability to control the sub

from the deck and fade.

I had originally tied into the factory rear subs for signal to the LC2, but I tied into them after the factory amp. I think that is where the problem lies. I just ran some wires from the factory door plugs and got signal to the amp.

Both amps have pass thru's on them, I was wondering if I could run a set of RCA's from the LC2 over to the Rockford amp, then from that amp over to the MTX amp using the pass thru. Then use the pass thru on the MTX amp to run rca's back to the Rockford amp.

I wasn't planning on upgrading this quick after installing the amp and subs or I would have got the LC6i. I'm going to run wires like you said and see if I can get this playing today.

Thanks for the help poorfish88 :good:

Chris

2009 Pontiac G8 GT

2 Precision Power 12's Power Class

2 Precision Power Phantom P1000.1

Rockford Fosgate Prime 600-4D

4 Lanzar 6.5 components

2 Pyle 8's

Audio Control LC2i

Stock headunit

I would tie in with the front speakers over the rears, but if not and u just want some tunes rears are fine.

Catch the signal at the deck before it gets to your speakers your tapping into is fine as long as it's before it gets to the speakers take that back to lc2i. Then run new wire to speaker to amp

Archived