teoulennon Posted October 13, 2015 Report Posted October 13, 2015 I've been a long time lurker of the forum and have always enjoyed seeing the suggestions for enclosure builds. I'm in need of a slot ported enclosure for my sa12 that is 2ft^3 and tuned to 32hz. I would like the height to be 15" (max) and width to be 31" (max). The depth can be whatever it needs to be in order to get the box tuned to 32hz.I like the design by joe x in this thread, it's close to what I need but the dimensions don't quite fit in the space I need: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136151-enclosure-for-single-sa-12/ Any help would be much appreciated
Joe X Posted October 13, 2015 Report Posted October 13, 2015 Welcome to SMD, how about this, power: to subs rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 2 1/4", figure is just an assembly guide:NOTE: for trunk cars, If building outside you need to build a cardboard dummy box to test fit in it's way inside.
teoulennon Posted October 13, 2015 Author Report Posted October 13, 2015 That looks great Joe, thank you very much! If it helps to know, I will be running 750rms to the sub. What is the reasoning behind placing the sub further to the left? Would it make any difference to place it in the middle or closer to the port opening?
Joe X Posted October 13, 2015 Report Posted October 13, 2015 You can use a 1K amp with that sub/box without issues properly setup, usually you want to place the sub away form the inner end of the port, in a box like the above though it won't make much difference, place the sub anywhere you like, many people choose the center of the baffle for looks. Any questions let me know.
teoulennon Posted October 13, 2015 Author Report Posted October 13, 2015 You can use a 1K amp with that sub/box without issues properly setup, usually you want to place the sub away form the inner end of the port, in a box like the above though it won't make much difference, place the sub anywhere you like, many people choose the center of the baffle for looks. Any questions let me know. Great, thanks for the information Joe. Would this setup benefit from a double baffle? If so, how would it fit into the design? I imagine adding another piece of mdf to the inside of the front wall would lower the box volume a discernible amount.
Joe X Posted October 13, 2015 Report Posted October 13, 2015 The double layer baffle could help if you decided to upgrade sub to something more powerful later on, could fix the above if you think you want to do it.
FourRings Posted October 13, 2015 Report Posted October 13, 2015 Hi,hopefully you guys dont mind me tagging along but this box fits my needs as far as size and tuning but Joe if you dont mind taking a look at my T/S specs.I would appreciate your opinion before building or starting another post. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10207099309616741&set=a.2433129943238.2136608.1101354473&type=3&theater Thanks Robert
teoulennon Posted October 13, 2015 Author Report Posted October 13, 2015 The double layer baffle could help if you decided to upgrade sub to something more powerful later on, could fix the above if you think you want to do it. Got it. I don't plan on upgrading at the moment. I was just curious to know if it would benefit this setup (or if it was needed) for box flex, increasing sq/spl etc.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.