HU + EQ RCA outs Y - Splitted into amp..

Maboii

Hey guys, I recently got an EQ which had the RCA inputs busted but the aux 3.5mm jack on the front works..

and I like the SQ the EQ puts out but I also wanna run some music from my HU sometimes too... the power, ground and rem of the EQ are all spliced into the power, ground and rem. of the HU so i need to turn on the HU for the EQ to work and i was thinking about running a y splitter from the front outputs of the HU and EQ together to my 4 channel amp and the same for the sub outputs of both units into the mono amp... i was just wondering if anyone has ever done this before and got it to work or the signals from both units wouldn't make it to the amp just cause... I'm no audio guru but I'm thinking the signal the HU/EQ puts out would make it to the amp without interfering with anything of course with that being said, ill only have one of them playing at a time.

Hey guys, I recently got an EQ which had the RCA inputs busted but the aux 3.5mm jack on the front works..

and I like the SQ the EQ puts out but I also wanna run some music from my HU sometimes too... the power, ground and rem of the EQ are all spliced into the power, ground and rem. of the HU so i need to turn on the HU for the EQ to work and i was thinking about running a y splitter from the front outputs of the HU and EQ together to my 4 channel amp and the same for the sub outputs of both units into the mono amp... i was just wondering if anyone has ever done this before and got it to work or the signals from both units wouldn't make it to the amp just cause... I'm no audio guru but I'm thinking the signal the HU/EQ puts out would make it to the amp without interfering with anything of course with that being said, ill only have one of them playing at a time.

I doubt that...normally it goes from HU to EQ to amps and not HU to amps or EQ to amps...

Having trouble following you here. Are you saying you want to run a signal from your HU, and from your EQ, into the same amp? If so are planning something like: EQ into ch1+2 for front stage and HU into ch3+4 for rear fill? And when you say...

...i was thinking about running a y splitter from the front outputs of the HU and EQ together to my 4 channel amp and the same for the sub outputs of both units into the mono amp.

are you meaning you would have a signal from your HU, and signal from the EQ, running into the same amp? Because that seems like a really bad idea to me, as you're basically pumping two different signals into the amp.

Archived