Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

4th order HELP 2 18's from trunk to cab !!!!!


Recommended Posts

Posted

I have 2 18'S I'm running about 6000 watts I plan on making to 5 cube boxes one for each sub and building a 4th order attachment so I can channel that output directly into my cab of my car. Don't really want to wall it right now. Any ideas or possibly somebody that might be able to help. I have a 1984 Chevy Caprice with a trunk big enough to fit five or six bodies in

Posted

I have 2 18'S I'm running about 6000 watts I plan on making to 5 cube boxes one for each sub and building a 4th order attachment so I can channel that output directly into my cab of my car. Don't really want to wall it right now. Any ideas or possibly somebody that might be able to help. I have a 1984 Chevy Caprice with a trunk big enough to fit five or six bodies in

Dead bodies?

Vehicle: 2002 Volvo S60 2.4t awd.
Headunit: Kenwood DDX-470
Doors: 4x Focal 6.5s/tweets (Adding)
Sub: 2x Sundown Zv4 12's D1
Amps: B2 Zero.1, MB Quart OA600.4
Box: 5.2ish @ 32, Made with Maple, solid oak braces, 45s all around, 2x 5.8" pipes, all fiberglassed up.
Battery: XS D3100, Block Shakers 110AH
Alternator: 250A Excessive Amperage.

All Sky High OFC Wiring.

My Build, plenty of pics: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/198281-2002-volvo-s60-awd-24t-build-log/

Posted

I plan on keeping it a 1:1 ratio for better response

You think a ratio blindly chosen will have a "better response"? How did you come to this conclusion without having built or tested anything yet?

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Posted

Everything I've read and heard so far is that if you keep a one to one ratio its a flatter response, 2 to 1 more output 3 to 1 more output less bandwidth. I've done a little bit of research but I do understand that in every vehicle a system reacts differently

Posted

The logic behind it was the more area the delayed response the less area the quicker response henceforth the flat response, please correct me if I'm wrong but this is just what I've been reading

Where have you been reading this information?

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2044 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...