Second Skin Audio

help to design a box for 2x 15'' SSA XCON :)

im trying,but can't seems to get good tuning number...to get 120sq,i need like 6x20 of port,but i can't tune it below 35....and for that,port hast to be like 45 long....look like i mess something... :(

i was trying with 40 x 22 x22 box

can you find me some good number to work with?

2x SSA XCON 15''

2 basworx 3000.1d

1 kinetik 1800 & exide 85amph

skyhigh 1/0 all-around

Grimreaper spl team co-president

can you help my on that JOE X??

if i let you the size im looking for....

40 wide,22 height, and somewhere between 20 and 26 width.... tuned to 28 hz for 2x 15" xcon

a box like the one you send to the guy with the 2 sundown 2 tread belows... sub up,port fire back/sloted style

any help would be pretty appreciate :)

2x SSA XCON 15''

2 basworx 3000.1d

skyhigh 1/0 all-around

and torres software seems not got,i have tryied some setup same spec on 2 different computer with torres...tuning was not the same..... 35.41 on one,and 35.74 on the other.....how come?

2x SSA XCON 15''

2 basworx 3000.1d

skyhigh 1/0 all-around

This is probably the best you are going to do with the space you have available.

9it80lV.png

Note that your tuning will probably come out a little lower in practice than what Torres lists.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

i was wondering what is the " number of port walls? would it be 4,since it has 4 faces ? and does it really change something this specs?

what can i do to improve this box? a have space to work with....trunk is bigger than 48x48,it's just that i don't want to lost all my trunk lol

i have a toyota sequoia

2x SSA XCON 15''

2 basworx 3000.1d

skyhigh 1/0 all-around

The number of common port walls is how many sides of the port use the sides of the box. With a slot port running down the side of the box, as in your case, its three.

As far as improving the box, it should be pretty good how it is. You could increase the net volume by making the box bigger, which will get you more output around the tuning frequency, but will also make the output more peaky. That may or may not be something you want.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

more peaky,can you explain me that one? i can go a little higher like 23 or 24 max,and maybe 30 in depth...

with those number that are currently in,will it work to put the port in the bottom of the box? im thinking about the port going up toching the bottom of the sub motor...

2x SSA XCON 15''

2 basworx 3000.1d

skyhigh 1/0 all-around

Archived