Second Skin Audio

VW 18" KICKER

R3V0LT

Hey everybody, new member so hope I'm in the right spot but I have a 2003 VW JETTA & an old school 18" Kicker Comp VR from I think the early 90's. I'm thinking maybe 93. It's black and red. If anyone can lmk how to post the pictures I will if anyone wants for understanding. 1st question, is this sub worth the time to customize an entire car around if needed. 2nd question, if worthy (just want a hard hitting system, not competition) I am on a budget so I can't get the best of the best but I do want this to be right so how much am I looking at to complete this build? 3rd, I really don't know any specs on this sub because of its age, anyone have any idea? I'll consider any type of build, I just want the most from the sub and box. Any insight is appreciated.

(Instead of replying with the wall of text I just typed heres the tldr)

I would price out a system with a new woofer (sub, bass amp, 4channel amp, wire, 6.5 or 6x9 or whatever is in your car, battery,ect) and save up the money (from what I have heard old subs can be hit and miss)

Just me opinion I'm sure more experienced people will be along to give better info

As far as cost for my system (about 2500 watts ) its about 2000 including batt and alt upgrades

that old kicker sub is probably not worth the time or $$. stick it on the shelf. its a cool piece. i used to have one of those kickers, iirc it met its match with a quarter stick of dynamite. what is your budget for a build, i can get something together that you should be happy with

This page is crispy_chick3n approved.

© crispy_chick3n inc

Archived