Wire Gauge???

The Amp is a Rockford Fosgate Prime 500.1, Girlfriends first system so gonna go small. I've seen several unboxing videos for this amp and they rang anywhere from 580 to 650 watts RMS on their certified birth sheet. The car she drives is a 2012 Ford Fusion, I have yet to measure how much wire she needs. But I figured I could just ask here, running that many watts, How many feet of wire will I need, and what gauge? 8 AWG? 6 AWG? 4 AWG? And I know the best option is OFC but will CCA suffice? Thank you!

2003 Chevy Silverado Reg Cab. Rockford Fosgate 500a2 and Kicker ZR240 each on their own 12" Kicker Comp S. Small, but everyone's gotta start somewhere.

Not sure of the exact measurement of the car but I wouldn't think more than 20 feet. Places like Sky High have 25ft spools of 4ga CCA for around $20. That should do you just fine unless you want to spend about $35 for OFC

Haha, I run all SKY HIGH products and those prices are for like their 8 Gauge wire. 20 feet of OFC cost me $25 from them, but yeah I totally recommend using them to anyone!

2003 Chevy Silverado Reg Cab. Rockford Fosgate 500a2 and Kicker ZR240 each on their own 12" Kicker Comp S. Small, but everyone's gotta start somewhere.

Archived