Second Skin Audio

I have a four door car and would like to sound deaden the trunk. I noticed my trunk has small holes where the spare tire is on the floor and on the rear bumper, on the inside, it looks like there is a pressure release valve. So when you shut the trunk the air has somewhere to go. What would happen if I was to completely seal off all of the holes withe dampifier pro and luxury liner pro and I was to shut the trunk? Would it just not shut?

Be careful covering up those holes as they are there to release the pressure in the cab as to not pop your ear drums when doors/trunk are slammed shut, we would recommend leaving them as they are.

Edited by Second Skin

Whether you are restoring a classic muscle car, building an audio system monster, or trying to give yourself a bit of silent luxury on your daily commute, we have a product or combination of products that will help you achieve your goals while saving money and save time. Look around our site, educate yourself and make the choice that is right for you.

Over built to over perform - because user error, bad batch, and faulty install are excuses that other companies use!

468x60.png

Be careful covering up those holes as they are there to release the pressure in the cab as to not pop your ear drums when doors/trunk are slammed shut, we would recommend leaving them as they are.

Where does the pressure release in a truck when the doors are slammed?

i seal those up on everything i have ever owned.... the spl goes out those flappy vents...... only down side is pressure build up on expressways and when someone slams a door with you inside

Can you explain what you mean? If I was to seal the trunk and then drive on the highway pressure would build up in the car to the point of me being uncomfortable and having to open the windows?

Where does the pressure release in a truck when the doors are slammed?

The flaps the original poster is talking about are what release the pressure for both doors & trunk slamming shut, they are there for a reason and we would always suggest leaving them be. (we are not engineers, so we do not know exactly how they work, I am sure Google can help you with that part of the question Carnines but Trucks have the same flaps inside the cab somewhere most likely)

Edited by Second Skin

Whether you are restoring a classic muscle car, building an audio system monster, or trying to give yourself a bit of silent luxury on your daily commute, we have a product or combination of products that will help you achieve your goals while saving money and save time. Look around our site, educate yourself and make the choice that is right for you.

Over built to over perform - because user error, bad batch, and faulty install are excuses that other companies use!

468x60.png