2 18" Fi Q's, crown amps, pioneer receiver. Box is built

Has anyone ever tried doing an interchangeable port in a HT set up. I'm thinking of making the cut out big enough to not only change the tuning but port size. I'm thinking of starting with 180 sq inches of port.

Team Bass-Hz

screenshot5-1.jpg

Has anyone ever tried doing an interchangeable port in a HT set up. I'm thinking of making the cut out big enough to not only change the tuning but port size. I'm thinking of starting with 180 sq inches of port.

I've seen some HT subs that used multiple ports with the idea that you could block some off the lower the tuning.

Those subs look pretty sexy, BTW.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

I've seen some HT subs that used multiple ports with the idea that you could block some off the lower the tuning.

Those subs look pretty sexy, BTW.

I guess I just want to be sure that the subs play everything I throw at them. If I make the port removable I guess it might be more work when I'm building, but it might benefit me in the long run since I can change tuning if I don't like the output.

I'm never surprised when I get stuff from Fi/AA everything that over ever bought from them from the X line to the SMD has the same amount of attention to detail. I ended up spending more than I planned but I think I'll be happy in the long run with the substage.

Team Bass-Hz

screenshot5-1.jpg

Looks good! That's lots of fun stuff. I'm excited to see how this turns out!

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."

Builds:

Looks good! That's lots of fun stuff. I'm excited to see how this turns out!

Thanks man, you were a big help in making things a little easier. I had no idea how to get a signal from the receiver to the amps. I already have an idea of how I want it to be set up, as much as I'd like to spread the speakers around I think I'm going to place 3 vertically on each side of the tv.

Team Bass-Hz

screenshot5-1.jpg

Glad I could help. If there is anything else I can do, just let me know!

Builds:

Glad I could help. If there is anything else I can do, just let me know!

Mia def brother, I'll be asking a lot of questions before I get started on this thing.

I hope the out out is everything I'm expecting it to be.

Team Bass-Hz

screenshot5-1.jpg

So when I run the signal cable from the receiver to the amp, do I have to use both channels? I'm going to bridge he amps, each amp will see a 4 ohm load. I'm just confused because there is 2 XLR inputs and I will only have one coming from the receiver to the amp. Can I just use one channel and still the use the amp?

CCFD20C1-4FBC-4AA8-88EC-E70556A9A056.png

Team Bass-Hz

screenshot5-1.jpg

Nope, when you bridge the amp you input signal only to channel 1.

Builds:

Archived