Sundown Audio

Need new amp? budget amp.

chetrog

I have a hifonics amp that is 1200 watts @1ohm and its 900 watts @900. I am using 900 watts on my truck rite now and have no issues. If I use 1200 watts, I do notice my lights dim a little bit. So I just use it at @2 ohm. I want to buy a new budget amp. I am going to make a new box with new cheap subs in a month or so. I want to get an alternative and spend alot of money on better stuff, but rite now I want a new amp. I would like to purchase something that will give me around 2000 watts @1ohm and 1000 watts around @2ohm. I want to use the amp latter and use it at 1ohm at around 2000k. But the main thing is that I dont want to dim my lights. I use a 4 channel amp and the hifonics now. Big 3 done and under the hood I have a kinetik battery.

Looking around for a $300.. But If that is to cheap etc, I will wait longer and spend around $600

how are you going from 1ohm to 2ohm on the fly like that? are you subtracting a sub from the equation..... 1 ohm will draw more power than 2 ohm..... unless you really beef up the electrical its hard to cancel out all of the dimming .... what hifonics amp are you using so I can use that as a baseline for a search, most of their amps do not do rated only ones that I have seen pass dyno tests are the BE, BRZ brutus line from 2 years ago..... I run the BE1700.1D @ 1ohm very little dimming and only big 3 done.... and this amp did just over 1700 dynamic on steves amp test tuesday video..... for a $200 amp

soundqubed Q1-2200.2 did around what you want but I dont know where to buy those and prices are around $400

what hifonics amp are you using

I am using a Hifonics Brutus BRZ1200.1D. It is 900 watts @2ohm. I have it hooked up rite now to a sa-12 and nothing is wrong with my system now. I just am going to try some different subs etc. what ever I do rite now I just want to use around the same power. When I get an alternator etc. everything will be different. The main thing I am trying to do is buy an amp now for the next system. Thanks for your time.

Archived