Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

18 inch re subs


cvia

Recommended Posts

Posted

I know the sound he is after, he liked the old sound of the copper voice coil heavy mms cones the kickers had. Big sealed boxes were popular back then, even with proper tuning on this ported box he might not be happy with the tone of these drivers.

I'd never heard the big SX series from the newer RE. I have no idea what they sound like

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Posted

I think mad vibes is right about the older speakers. They pushed the lows really hard. But this box design is awesome. And it sounds 100%better than it did. It doesn't distort as quick. Thanks for the design. I may extend the port later just to experiment, but I probably need to find drivers built like those old kickers as well. One particular track that used to drop low and strong, was "drop bottom" by power supply. that's my test track.lol

Posted

I think I have been wrong about the bass frequency I was expecting. After changing my amp settings, and listening to stuff I used to listen too, this set up drops as deep as what I remember. I don't think I ever listened to the one that drops even lower in my old set up. This is one hell of a box. And the amp (r.e. 5000) is powerful, and doesn't get hot. Does anyone know what the low frequency is in the track by power supply called drop bottom? That was the note I was after, but I don't think is possible in a small to medium setup.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2524 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...