Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

18 inch re subs


cvia

Recommended Posts

Posted

Years ago I had 2 18 inch kickers and a US 400 amp. The bass was real strong on low frequencies. Now I have 2 18 inch re subs. and an re 5000 amp. The bass is decent but doesn't drop deep like the other set up years ago did. my box has around 7.5 bubic space per sub. I read where it takes between 5.5 and 8 fer sub, but it seems like not enough space. I know its little info, but does anyone have an opinion? im looking for that really deep low end bass.

Posted

Is your box sealed or ported? Because put them in a 7cube box tuned to 28hz and your lows will come to life

c-pillar flat wall 157.11db on music

2 crossfire 8k

4 NSV3 18s

4 crescendo 10s

4 Rockford pro 6.5s

Quad excessive amperage 350alts

4 juicebox 3100s

Posted

it was sealed. then I ported it. Iv tried those 2. I was going to add a little to the box for more airspace. Im not 100% sure what the best space is. I don't really know much about tuning. Thanks for the reply. Ill read up on it

Posted

Port area needs for subwoofers HAS changed over the years though. My bet is a poorly designed enclosure that isn't allowing the subs to perform as they should.

Do you have pics of the box? What are the measurements of the port, height, width and depth. What are the measurements of the enclosure? What vehicle? How is the box orientated in the vehicle? Pics would help greatly and answers to those questions please.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Posted

It is 58 in. long at the bottom. 52 in. long at top.

32 in. tall. and 19 in. deep. Having trouble uploading a pic. 1 4 inch pvc tube. 18 in. long. placed in each chamber. divided box. 3/4 inch quality mdf. It fit in the back seat of a Toyota Tundra double cab.

Posted

You have one single 4" round port for two 18s? Yup, there is your problem. You basically have a leaky sealed box, not ported box.

You'd need like a MINIMUM of 8 4" PVC ports to make those subs work properly

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2524 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...