Jump to content

Choice for Front stage speaker for chrysler 300


Alexandre Leclerc

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi , I have currently a Chrysler 300 2007 and It was the base model . So , only 6X9 for the front door and the rear deck . No 3.5'' dash speaker .
I recently installed a pair of dash speaker Jbl gto 329 ( http://ca.jbl.com/product-detail-new-jbl/gto-329-view-1.html ) . Now I want to change my factory 6x9 in my door but I dont know if I should install another 6x9 Three-Way ( http://www.jbl.com/car-speakers/GTO939.html?cgid=car-speakers#start=1 ) , or a Mid-bass, tweeter and cross-over JBL gto 609c 6.5'' ( http://ca.jbl.com/product-detail-new-jbl/gto-609c-view-1.html ) and keep the dash speaker and dont install the Mid-bass . What should I do ? Thanks !! ( I research Sound Quality )

Posted

You already have midrang and highs in the dash. Are they amplified? Now you need a midbass speakers for the doors to have your front stage complete. Do you like the way the dash speakers sound? If so build up your midbass range in the doors and call it good. If you want 6x9's in the rear deck then put them there or you can put 6.5" comps back there. Waste of money to me to put comps on any power back there since you really dont hear them unless they are overpowering your front stage. Rear fill on HU power will sound good and be budget friendly.

Do you have a sub stage now? If so, what is it, on what power? Budget for build?

Posted

they are not amplified on the dash , but they will be int he future . And yes I like the way they sound . I have a Subwoofer Jbl gto 1214D 350 Watt RMs with a JBL GTO 1001-ez rated at 650 watt rms at 4 ohms . So I will put 6x9 in the back . In the front door , should i buy the JBL gto 609c and only install the 6,5 speaker without the tweeter who come with it ?

Posted

they are not amplified on the dash , but they will be int he future . And yes I like the way they sound . I have a Subwoofer Jbl gto 1214D 350 Watt RMs with a JBL GTO 1001-ez rated at 650 watt rms at 4 ohms . So I will put 6x9 in the back and in the front door , should i buy the JBL gto 609c and only install the 6,5 speaker without the tweeter who come with it ?

Thats one way to do it. Do you have a 4 ch amp now to run door and rear deck speakers? HU power? What amp to run the dash speakers( Power anyway).

Posted

I already have an amp ready to power my Dash speaker its a JBL GTO A-402 and I'm planning to buy a 4 channel 80 to 100 watt to power the door speaker and the rear deck

Sounds like you have a plan on what you want. Should sound good if set up right. Front stage could only sound better with a comp set in the dash but those 2-ways can give you what you need for mids and highs.

Posted

With all your equipment being JBL matching i dont see why it would sound pretty good. I would think about sound deadening the doors with install to get the best performance out of all your speakers.

Posted

I wouldn't. I would leave your dash but amplify if you want. Those speakers can only handle 25 rms, 75 max. I would feel comfortable putting 40-50 watts on them HPF 500 hz or higher. Let the 6.5 in the doors handle lower freq and the rear doors for rear fill. hell you could run the rears of HU power if you wanted. Your not going to hear them from upfront.

See how you like your front stage like that and tweak or make adjustment from there. I had a pair of RF T1 4" 2-ways run off a P200-2 in the dash of a Tahoe and they where some of my favorite speakers. Got loud and clear, bouncing off the glass right in your face. It wasn't a SQ build but the mids and highs helped keep up with 2 15s.

Just my opinions here, some will say ditch the dash and run comps. Depends on speaker install and location. How high up you like your sound stage in your car. My next upgrade to the wifes Malibu will be a nice set of Hertz 4" comps in the A-pillers to replace the 1" tweeter there. Then let the T3 6.5 become a midbass driver only.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1081 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...