Battery Isolator Question

Ok, I'm currently running 600rms wattage plus other car accessories on my main battery. Think I need a secondary battery in the back? If so, which would work best and will I need a battery isolator to work with it?

1 Kicker VSL512

Power Acoustik 800rms mono class D

Pioneer Premier DEH3900MP

Complete Kicker Amp Kit (4G)

Pioneer TS-G1341R 5-1/4" 2-way Door Speakers[/font]

Ok, I'm currently running 600rms wattage plus other car accessories on my main battery. Think I need a secondary battery in the back? If so, which would work best and will I need a battery isolator to work with it?

I recently had similar question, and the answer is no, 600watts rms would not require a second battery, (though your signature says 800 rms), unless the "other accessories" you mention are really extensive electrical wise. A good quality battery up front won't hurt. I run 2 amps 995 watts rms total power and plan to get a Kinetik battery up front and no second battery.

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG

More than likely a good solid main battery will be plenty. If you do decide that a secondary battery is needed take a look at this link.

High Current Relays and Kit

There's a couple simple options for adding a 2nd battery. I do recommend a sealed battery no matter the brand. I'll also be happy to send you a diagram and some instructions if you need any help.

Darvex468smd.jpg

Well the thing is, my car would temporarily not start (for about 3 minutes), I went to Sears to get another battery because the first one was kinda old. I still have that lingering problem with my car not temp. starting so that's why I came with the assumption of adding a second battery.

1 Kicker VSL512

Power Acoustik 800rms mono class D

Pioneer Premier DEH3900MP

Complete Kicker Amp Kit (4G)

Pioneer TS-G1341R 5-1/4" 2-way Door Speakers[/font]

You might want to swing by a parts store to have the alternator checked before you do anything else.

Darvex, good to see you on the forum man. I've ordered countless parts from you!!!! Thanks for the excellent service.

Member since 25 Jun 2006

2011 Yukon DenaliCustomLightz 4300K HID RetrofitEsky TailsEsky Third BrakeEsky 22sEsky Appliques

Archived