Second Skin Audio

T line help

nepjr32

Is it as many channels to get the volume of sub would need? which is 2 cubic feet

The box volume a sub needs only pertains to sealed and ported boxes, its irrelevant to t-lines.

Like ported boxes, t-lines are very flexible and give you a lot of control over the way the sub will sound. If you are going to be designed a building a t-line, it would benefit you to have some understanding of how the specs of the line effect output.

Making the line area = cone area usually results in very peaky output and much lower mechanical power handling, very similar in result to what you get when you make a ported box really big.

Instead of making the line with a constant area, you can make a tapered line. It will make the line perform like its a little longer than it really is, which can save some space, but its a lot more difficult to design.

ok so then how do you decide what width of your entire box?

Like Joe X said, it depends on the space you are working with and how long your line needs to be to get the tuning frequency you want. T-lines are a lot more restricted in their physical layout since you have get the proper line length.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Is it as many channels to get the volume of sub would need? which is 2 cubic feet

The box volume a sub needs only pertains to sealed and ported boxes, its irrelevant to t-lines.

Like ported boxes, t-lines are very flexible and give you a lot of control over the way the sub will sound. If you are going to be designed a building a t-line, it would benefit you to have some understanding of how the specs of the line effect output.

Making the line area = cone area usually results in very peaky output and much lower mechanical power handling, very similar in result to what you get when you make a ported box really big.

Instead of making the line with a constant area, you can make a tapered line. It will make the line perform like its a little longer than it really is, which can save some space, but its a lot more difficult to design.

Like Joe X said, it depends on the space you are working with and how long your line needs to be to get the tuning frequency you want. T-lines are a lot more restricted in their physical layout since you have get the proper line length.

and line length is how long each channel is correct?

and line length is how long each channel is correct?

i got a line length on 97.5 in using that program, so each channel line needs to be 97.5 in?

i got a line length on 97.5 in using that program, so each channel line needs to be 97.5 in?

No, the line length is the total length from the closed end of the line to the open end. So if you needed 97.5" of line, that could be divided up into three roughly 30" long channels.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

No, the line length is the total length from the closed end of the line to the open end. So if you needed 97.5" of line, that could be divided up into three roughly 30" long channels.

okay thank you for your help i'm going to see how this goes nothing like trying new things :) But thanks for the help. I stoked you alittle bit actually and i live in Spokane, WA. I travel to seattle alot so i will have to stop buy your shop to see your work you do awesome boxes

Archived