Jump to content

Paypal security?


Recommended Posts

Posted

But yes, typically once the payment is sent it is yours, unless he files a claim.

If you hold on to your amp and dont ship until after the 21st of January you can guarantee he will file a claim! I know I would.

As long as its paypal holding the money your fine, they are doing it to make sure that the buyer gets his product and not a box of rocks or never gets it at all.

This way paypal can easily take that money that they frozen out of your account and return it to the buyer.

Otherwise if you had access to the money and your plan was to rip the person off you could have already withdrawn the money or spent it elsewhere, then paypal is stuck trying to charge it to a credit card you placed on file, or withdraw it from your bank, etc.

So your best bet even if you dont use paypal much is to get your account verified, add a bank/checking account to it, add a credit card, etc.

Once you ship the item the person bought from you, there is typically a box to add a tracking number into the details that both you and the buyer will be able to see.

When you ship the amp, take pics of the serial number, take pics of the packaging, take pics of you putting it into the box, etc.

If you want to be overkill, do it all on an unedited video showing the video camera the amp on all sides, showing the serial number, showing you package the item well, showing you tape the box up etc.

You want to cover your ass and then some, because in the issue of a paypal claim being made and the buyer saying its the wrong amp, or the amp got damaged in shipping or yada yada yada you got video proof you can send paypal along with pics. Otherwise they seem to rule in the buyers favor 9 times out of 10.

This is not always true. Most of the time, Paypal sides with the buyer. I sold someone an alternator, it came from Mike Singers hands, shipped direct from him after I had it tested to make sure it was all in great working order. Dude put it in his car, screwed up the install and pm'd me about it. I referred him to Mike to trouble shoot and I helped him as well since we had the same car. He "couldn't get it to work" and I said I don't know what to tell you, but sales are final. It worked when I had it installed, it worked when Mike tested it and then shipped it to you. He immediately filed a claim. I sent pictures to them with it being completely operational, took pictures of the email mike sent saying it worked perfectly, and of Mike saying that the guy was at fault since he most likely installed it wrong. I supplied about 25 pictures in all. The buyer did not submit one picture, and they said I had to give him the money back. I got the alt back, and it was not in the condition in which I sent it to Mike nor was it in the condition that Mike sent it to him. There were parts of it that were definitely not right, like it had been dropped or pried on or whatever. So guess who got screwed on that deal!

Just have to be very very careful. DO NOT SEND ANYTHING until that payment clears. There are so many scammers out there it's ridiculous. Cause let's be honest here. If you're spending a few hundred dollars for a piece of equipment, and you haven't heard anything yet, you're on the email, text, sending a pigeon trying to find out why it hasn't shipped yet. So something is very fishy with him.

Ok that's all. Paragraph Pete out!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 401 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...