Sonic Electronix

Alright...so i have a crunch pzi3000.1 amp. I have it running at 1 ohm to 2 12" L7's. I have had this amp for about 3 months now.....and i have yet to have a problem with it. Today i was beatin....and then all of a sudden the amp just cuts out and nothing is coming from it, the subs just stopped pushin completely. I know that it could be that the amp over heated and went into thermal protect, but why did just all of a sudden do it now? I turned my car off real quick after i pulled off somewhere and then i gave it a few seconds....turned it back on, and it worked again. It did the exact same thing a couple hours later. I have my amp sitting in between my box and my back seat ( so not that much air movement), but i've never had any trouble with it before. I dont know if it has anything to do with it, but i have my gains set at just a little over halfway.....with no bass boost. Is there something that i need to do to prevent this from happening again? And what do you think is actually goin on with the amp? thanks for the help

Edited by loganuf

2000 Eddie Bauer Expedition:

Alpine CDA 9883

2x 18" DC lvl 4 D2

10.7 cu ft box 33hz

knu 1/0 wire

amp: Kicker ZX2500.1

Kinetik

tatoosmall2.jpg

banner2.jpg

Alright...so i have a crunch pzi3000.1 amp. I have it running at 1 ohm to 2 12" L7's. I have had this amp for about 3 months now.....and i have yet to have a problem with it. Today i was beatin....and then all of a sudden the amp just cuts out and nothing is coming from it, the subs just stopped pushin completely. I know that it could be that the amp over heated and went into thermal protect, but why did just all of a sudden do it now? I turned my car off real quick after i pulled off somewhere and then i gave it a few seconds....turned it back on, and it worked again. It did the exact same thing a couple hours later. I have my amp sitting in between my box and my back seat ( so not that much air movement), but i've never had any trouble with it before. I dont know if it has anything to do with it, but i have my gains set at just a little over halfway.....with no bass boost. Is there something that i need to do to prevent this from happening again? And what do you think is actually goin on with the amp? thanks for the help

Q: Is the hot really hot to the touch?

A: If so then its overheating. you can add some fans to move air across the heat sinks.

Q: Have you checked your voltage with a DVM?

A: You can have voltage drop that cause your to go into protection.

those are the first two thing that come to mind hope it helps

1993 Mazda Mx-3

Subs: 2 18" DC Audio Lvl 4 D.7

Highs amp: Sundown SAX-100.4

Sub amp: Sundown SAZ-3000D

Electrical:Kinetik 1200 under hood, 2-Kinetik 2400 rear

All 1/0 KnuKonceptz Wire Power/Ground, Big 3, 8Ga Speaker Wire, KnuKonceptz Karma RCA's

Dampening: 120sqft 80Mil Thick Sound Destroyer Mat

Goal: 150 DB 149.9 Street Bass

TeamSundown-3-1.jpg

DCSig.jpg

Q: Is the hot really hot to the touch?

A: If so then its overheating. you can add some fans to move air across the heat sinks.

Q: Have you checked your voltage with a DVM?

A: You can have voltage drop that cause your to go into protection.

those are the first two thing that come to mind hope it helps

1) when i turned the car off, the first thing i did was feel the amp.....and it was barely warm....def. not HOT to the touch.

). No, I have not tested my voltage, idont have a DVM handy. Why would i be getting voltage drop that would cause me to go into protection when i wasnt before? And im running 0 gauge knu wire.

Alpine CDA 9883

2x 18" DC lvl 4 D2

10.7 cu ft box 33hz

knu 1/0 wire

Kinetik

tatoosmall2.jpg

banner2.jpg

could be that now its starting to warm up everywhere, the things that didnt heat up in the cool/cold winter are now showing their true colors

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

could be that now its starting to warm up everywhere, the things that didnt heat up in the cool/cold winter are now showing their true colors

yea....that could b it.....any suggestions on what i should do to prevent this? and is this hurting the amp when it does this?

Alpine CDA 9883

2x 18" DC lvl 4 D2

10.7 cu ft box 33hz

knu 1/0 wire

Kinetik

tatoosmall2.jpg

banner2.jpg

Nah I doubt it. He lives in Orlando and winter to us isn't really a true winter. Some days during winter are just as hot during some of the hottest summer days. I think it has something more to do then the temperature of the amplifier. loganuf, I think I am going to buy a DVM so we can test it together when I get it and see if that could be the culprit for the amp cutting out.

2008 Chevy Impala (undercover cop style)

Setup in the makings

Since he doesn't have a voltage meter now lets be hypothetical. When he eventually gets a DVM and tests his voltage and say he doesn't get much voltage drop then what else could be the reason for the amp cutting out?

2008 Chevy Impala (undercover cop style)

Setup in the makings