Jacobv55 Posted January 7, 2016 Report Posted January 7, 2016 I'm having trouble finding the net volume of this enclosure, I tried a few diffrent box calculator and they said diffrent. Can anyone help me out and tell me what the net value of this box is. Thanks! http://s428.photobucket.com/user/jjacob5/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsr7m6nspg.jpeg.html?sort=3&o=0
Joe X Posted January 7, 2016 Report Posted January 7, 2016 You can't know the net volume without the driver displacement of the sub being used so thinking of a 15" (which would work in that box size) and setting it's driver displacement to 0.2 cubic feet, the box specs would be 3.8 net @ 39.8Hz with 81 square inches of port area.
Jacobv55 Posted January 7, 2016 Author Report Posted January 7, 2016 Oh ok, I was just confused about the cubes because I tried 3 box calculators and I got all diffrent cubes from 3.9 to 5.8 cubes net. So 3.9 is correct for those dimensions? Thanks
Joe X Posted January 7, 2016 Report Posted January 7, 2016 3.8 net with a 15" driver in as above and about 4 cubic feet without any driver in the box. If you say 3.9 that's pretty close.
Jacobv55 Posted January 7, 2016 Author Report Posted January 7, 2016 Ok, I'm using a zv3 18 so I need to go bigger on the box. Thanks for the help
Joe X Posted January 7, 2016 Report Posted January 7, 2016 It's the manufacturer recommended net volume, depending on power you are using and your goals you could change that to fit your needs, one thing that seems a bit high is your tuning which may not work good on low tuned stuff like rap and such.
Jacobv55 Posted January 7, 2016 Author Report Posted January 7, 2016 Ya I was thinking about going a little lower but I like highs and I can get a little better score on the tl
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.