Second Skin Audio

subwoofer repair ?

m0rtin

i got an alpine type x 12 in sitting in my garage because i think i might have blown it out awhile back ? when it installed back in the day it would put the amp into protect mode after playing for awhile n sounded like shit. but when i wired to from 2 ohm to 4 ohm, the amp wouldnt go into protect but def still sounded like shit n wasnt bumping clean.

i got a new set of subs now but my question is where or can i get my old type x sub reconed or repaired? i would like to bring the sub back to life to play around with it in a new box with my original set up. i stay out in the southern california area (inland empire) but dont know where i can take it or somewhere i can get replacements parts to do it myself? would rather pay n get it done by a pro but would attempt to do it myself if the process that hard.

i seen a video on EXO's channel with some guys type x subs reconed with PSI recones? basically same basket n frames but with new spiders cone etc. any info on getting my old sub alive and bumping again is much appreciated.

also with having it reconed, will it still have same rms wattage handling?

Archived