BrandonMcCarthy Posted January 9, 2016 Report Posted January 9, 2016 Finally had enough time to upload some pics to make a build log on here. Ive had several builds over the past few years. This is my last. Heres a rundown of everything. 1998 Explorer (fully deadened) 250a Singer Alt Interstate AGM underhood 1 run of 1/0 front to back 2 105aH batts in the rear 6.5 & a Supertweeter in front doors Alpine 3555 powering soundstage MMATS HD4000 for substage I had a Sundown zv1 15 but it didnt handle the power the amp can produce so im swapping it out for another sub that will handle the amp. I still have some finish work i need to do but so far im happy with the results. 1998 Ford Explorer 250 Amp Singer Alt, Interstate AGM up front Currently redesigning my system Single 15 and a MMATS HD4000 https://www.youtube.com/user/carthy8604
kryptonite Posted January 9, 2016 Report Posted January 9, 2016 Go on.... DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGERCurrently Own 4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option 2 - DC 5k lvl 4 motor lvl 2 motor On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said: this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.
BrandonMcCarthy Posted January 9, 2016 Author Report Posted January 9, 2016 What else can i really put...hmm.. This will be mainly a demo build because i dont normally make it to a lot of shows. The meter scores are from the zv1. The 48 is outlaw at 45hz and the 47 is on the glass. I still need to straighten some wiring up and then i will do the finish work on the box and amp rack. I will add more pics as I do work. I should have my new sub next week hopefully. Needs bass. 1998 Ford Explorer 250 Amp Singer Alt, Interstate AGM up front Currently redesigning my system Single 15 and a MMATS HD4000 https://www.youtube.com/user/carthy8604
kryptonite Posted January 9, 2016 Report Posted January 9, 2016 Any plans to upgrade further? DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGERCurrently Own 4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option 2 - DC 5k lvl 4 motor lvl 2 motor On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said: this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.
BrandonMcCarthy Posted January 9, 2016 Author Report Posted January 9, 2016 Not really. I'll have the sub that'll handle the amp. I will probably swap out my mids and highs and 4 channel to match my MMATS amp but that will be down the road. Eventually ill paint the exterior and do a few more mods so i can try to make it to more shows. Basically itll be a clean daily. 1998 Ford Explorer 250 Amp Singer Alt, Interstate AGM up front Currently redesigning my system Single 15 and a MMATS HD4000 https://www.youtube.com/user/carthy8604
kryptonite Posted January 9, 2016 Report Posted January 9, 2016 Nice DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGERCurrently Own 4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option 2 - DC 5k lvl 4 motor lvl 2 motor On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said: this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.
BrandonMcCarthy Posted January 15, 2016 Author Report Posted January 15, 2016 Picked up some new testing tools in the past week. Both trms meters. Also paid for my next sub yesterday. I should be picking it up next weekend. My headunit is old but it is badass. I missed having bluetooth capability and didnt want to pay for the expensive Bluetooth adapter for it. I found a little module on Amazon. Installed it yesterday and now ive got Bluetooth capability for under $10. 1998 Ford Explorer 250 Amp Singer Alt, Interstate AGM up front Currently redesigning my system Single 15 and a MMATS HD4000 https://www.youtube.com/user/carthy8604
BrandonMcCarthy Posted January 15, 2016 Author Report Posted January 15, 2016 This is the module. Plugs into the Aux port. Gonna put tones on my phone and see just how clean it is on my scope. 1998 Ford Explorer 250 Amp Singer Alt, Interstate AGM up front Currently redesigning my system Single 15 and a MMATS HD4000 https://www.youtube.com/user/carthy8604
CarAudioFab Posted January 16, 2016 Report Posted January 16, 2016 Looking good! I like the heatshrink on the wire adapters. -Mark Host of "CarAudioFabrication" - YouTube Car Audio Tutorial Channel Check out my forum section here on SMD for my builds and tutorial videos! Subscribe on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/CarAudioFabrication
BrandonMcCarthy Posted January 17, 2016 Author Report Posted January 17, 2016 Wow! It's an honor to have you comment on my thread. Your work is amazing. Mine is just a simple install but it has to be clean and safe. The inputs on the amp are real close even with offset adapters so that was the best solution I could come up with. 1998 Ford Explorer 250 Amp Singer Alt, Interstate AGM up front Currently redesigning my system Single 15 and a MMATS HD4000 https://www.youtube.com/user/carthy8604
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.