XS Power

Powermaster Battery For Under The Hood....

Ok, Darvex has me questioning my previous decison to buy a kinetik HC1800 battery, and I am now curious about getting a Powermaster instead. This is for a one battery setup, under the hood, 2003 PT Cruiser 120 amp alternator, with only 990 watts total, so nothing too exotic needed. I am thinking one D5100R??? Yes, my PT needs the "reversed" terminals.

Which Powermaster would everyone recommend???

Edited by ptcary

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG

What Group size is your battery? However measure how much space you have and get the biggest one you can fit in there.

Member since 25 Jun 2006

2011 Yukon DenaliCustomLightz 4300K HID RetrofitEsky TailsEsky Third BrakeEsky 22sEsky Appliques

• 1 month later...
Ok, Darvex has me questioning my previous decison to buy a kinetik HC1800 battery, and I am now curious about getting a Powermaster instead. This is for a one battery setup, under the hood, 2003 PT Cruiser 120 amp alternator, with only 990 watts total, so nothing too exotic needed. I am thinking one D5100R??? Yes, my PT needs the "reversed" terminals.

Which Powermaster would everyone recommend???

I have the D5100R and LOVE IT! It fits like a glove in my Element, but my car does call for a group 51R.

8 3/16 6 13/16 7 3/4 This is the size of a group 26

9.04x5.45x8.15 This is the 5100

LWH

If you have to room to spare. . I know my answer. ( My D5100 is good for 2000watts as primary. The HC1800 is only good for 1350)

But, if your primary battery is healthy, all you really need is the D680 and 511 mount for that wattage. It's good for about 1000watts as a supplemental battery near the amps. If you might upgrade or would like some overkill, I think the D925 would be perfect. It's capable of 2400 amp bursts and supplements up to 2000watts. Use mount 527.

www.xspowerbatteries.com

D680.gif

511.gif

What's funny .. The HC1800 is only good for 1350watts as the primary .. The D1200 would fit no problem with room to spare and maybe be able to use your factory mounts. .and, it's good for about same power as the larger HC1800. So, you have choices.

Edited by automediapro