Second Skin Audio

DD audio 506 (6.5") and M45

starkey814

Ok guys....

I just picked up a DD audio 506 (6.5") sub and a M45 amp to go with it for $25.

I was doing a little research on their website to figure out a box for the little guy but they don't list anything for the 6.5".

I will most likely put it in my Silverado if I decide to do anything with it.

Yall have any comments on box sizes for this? Should I get another one?

Thanks!

Wow, that's a pretty good deal you got!

DD has a generic box design for their 6.5" subs, you can see it here: http://www.ddaudio.com/sites/default/files/media/products/dd_boxes/full_size_box_plans/6_inch/sw6.bmp

Like all box designs, the one DD lists is just one solution, there are many others, some of which may work better depending on your application.

With just a single 6.5" sub, the output is going to be pretty modest. Getting additional subs will get you more output.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Something you need to keep in mind is if you are wanting to use a ported enclosure they can and maybe should be pretty small, but the smaller the enclosure the longer the port has to be to keep the tuning low. Sometimes makes designing them annoying.

Triticum-thanks for the link and response. Modest is kind of what I was going for because my wife normally drives my truck to haul the kids to school and such since I have my company truck.

Yurvalentine-yes sir, ive built a couple enclosures, just nothing for a 6.5"

Archived