Jump to content

Head Unit Distortion - HELP Please!


SQPunk

Recommended Posts

Posted

Greetings all,

I have a Kenwood DNX4150BT head unit.

When I installed this unit, I had no measurable distortion up to 34/35. Now, I have massive distortion pretty much from the bottom of the dial. I am measuring the distortion with a SMD DD-1+ and it shows it as soon as it reads a signal.

This is before the amps.

I pulled the dash loose to replace the heater core in the truck between when it was clean and now. I can only think that maybe a connection got messed up when I did that. However, it seems that the unit should either work or not rather than working but lots of distortion.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

Maybe swap ur RCA cables for another set and see if anything changes ? Swaping a heater core has nothing to do with ur HU u must have pinched a wire or something. Double check ur work.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1106 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...