New Battery

I have a 03 Silverado Reg Cab, currently I am running only 650 rms (Kicker Sx650.1), but eventually I'm gonna be running 2k. 1.5k on the subs and 500 on the mids and highs. Sounds about right dont it? But either way it's time for a new battery, what would be my best bet to throw under the hood. Something like an optima yellow top? Or go all the way out with something like an XS power. I've heard good things from audio people on the internet about the Optima's but I've also seen thousands of XS Powers floating around. I need something that has good CCA on a 10 degree day as well. Something as well to help with the light dim and I guess my minor volt drop? I also have a 3.0 T-spec Farad cap right now, keep it with the new bat? or toss in the pile of forget audio equipment?

2003 Chevy Silverado Reg Cab. Rockford Fosgate 500a2 and Kicker ZR240 each on their own 12" Kicker Comp S. Small, but everyone's gotta start somewhere.

For what ur running a yellow top will be just fine in my opinion. Kenetic is a good choice too so is deka AGM batteries, northstar AGM batteries ECT..... its all about cost how much do u wanna spend ? Whats ur current ALT amp output ?

As far as the CAP goes..... i never ever have used a cap. Ive seen soooo man videos of caps cut open and there isnt much material inside. Look up capacitor videos on sonic electronics and they straight up tell u CAPs are a waste of money and should be invested in a better battery or ALT..

Archived