Tahoe hybrid

I've got a 2009 Tahoe Hybrid. I'm looking to put an alternator in and was hoping someone might have an idea of what I would need. The hybrid tahoes have no alternator to begin with. But I'm thinking that if maybe I could get a stock alternator bracket from another 09 tahoe I could just add one without a lot of custom fabrication. The only question then would be I imagine no excite wire is ran so what would I connect to get the alternator to power up. I'm a beginner here so just trying to find out what I can to make this happen. Thanks for any advice.

Mcopco

Don't they have a DC to DC converter that does like 200 amps at idle?

Why is it that you want to add an alt?

Wouldn't be hard to do though, just don't tie it in to the factory electrical at all and yes you'd need a self exciting alt.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

I'm not totally clear on the DC to DC convertor and what kind of power it puts out. The alt would power only the batteries in the back that run sub amps. At least that would be the plan. I've got a crescendo Symphony 1500.1 coming that I plan to run at 1 ohm to a contralto ten for a start. What is a self exciting alt?

It's a single wire alternator that excites itself.

I just did some looking around and your DC to DC converter is capable of putting out 180 amps anytime the vehicle is running.

Not sure how much of that is used to run your factory stuff though.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Solved the amp draw question in going to be around 164 full tilt. I added a little extra just be sure. But is there any way to find out what my car draws? Regardless of seems to close and sounds like I need an alternator. Seems I could do one ho alt and be fine for what I'm planning atm. I'm hoping I can bolt on the gas tahoe alternator mount and put in a iraggi or mechman or something. Any thoughts on of stock bracket would work for mounting? I've searched some and hard a hard time finding the answer.

Avoid iraggi like the plague.

No reason a stock bracket shouldn't work if the spot is just empty on the hybrid.

Post a pic of the front of the engine.

That amp isn't going to draw 200 amps, not even 150 amps on music.

You'd be fine with a 150 amp alt.

Archived