AGuyWithAJeep Posted January 25, 2016 Report Posted January 25, 2016 Alright so I posted a while back about a system that I was working on, since then I graduate college finally and had some things to take care of so I haven't gotten far on the build, but cold weather hasn't helped much either. Anyway my truck is a 2007 NNBS Extended Cab Silverado LTZ. It has the Bose system in it so the factory door speakers will do for now, but later that will also be upgraded. So I have 2 XS3200 Battery's under the hood, and a Mechman 370 Amp alt, big 3 sky high OFC. In the dash I have a pioneer AppRadio 4, I finally spent the $180 it cost for the wiring harness (which I was not happy about but oh well), I have 0 gauge Sky High OFC ran to the backseat with 0-4 Terminal adapters. That's all that is done thus far. Sitting in my house currently is 2 American Bass VFL 8s and an American Bass PH4000md. This weekend I'm going to start fiberglassing a box under the rear seat (a good friend is letting me use his heated garage). My plan is to make it removable and also keep all the factory interior in the truck. The floor plan in my truck is the biggest POS design I have ever seen, so a fiberglass mold is the only effective way I can make a decent box without having to either move the seat higher (or remove) or downgrading to just one 8" sub. I have 2 3" aero ports (may need to change that but that will be decided after). I also have ALOT of hushmatting to do, so hopefully I can get the majority of this done over the weekend. The 2 subs will be facing towards the front of the truck, the ports will be facing towards the door, and the amp will be positioned in the middle of the 2 subs, under the middle of seat built into the box (if you can picture what I'm saying). I'll make sure to post some pics of it as I go, hopefully it all goes well!
ToNasty Posted January 25, 2016 Report Posted January 25, 2016 You might have a high charge problem in the near future since your alt in pcm regulated. ***Super Sellers List***http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/25829-super-sellers-buyers
AGuyWithAJeep Posted January 25, 2016 Author Report Posted January 25, 2016 The alt should be alright, it was previously in my buddy's truck and I got it from him for a good deal. It's a few months old but he never had any issues, it charged around 14.8 in his truck, same as it does in mine right now. So far so good
ToNasty Posted January 25, 2016 Report Posted January 25, 2016 You have a voltage battwry current sensor. If you didn't feed your new ground wire through the sensor, it will read the voltage wrong and charge high. It's not the alt at all, it's the sensor. 2005+ has it It's just something to be aware of. Is pretty guaranteed to happen ***Super Sellers List***http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/25829-super-sellers-buyers
AGuyWithAJeep Posted January 25, 2016 Author Report Posted January 25, 2016 This I did not know, so far it hasn't been an issue but it may not be a bad idea to look into. How would I go about fixing that issue?
ToNasty Posted January 25, 2016 Report Posted January 25, 2016 Either run dual alts (seperated charging systems) or see if one of the alt companies can build you a bypass ***Super Sellers List***http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/25829-super-sellers-buyers
AGuyWithAJeep Posted January 25, 2016 Author Report Posted January 25, 2016 I'll look into that^ right now I have my secondary battery being supplied off the alt and grounded (positive is fused) and then runs back to the amp. Where the originally battery was I have all the original wires there still but the power comes from alt also (also fused) and grounded, along with engine ground. Maybe that's why it is still working fine? Because the factory ground is still there? I didn't want to not use any of the original wires for the fact that many times the PCM runs off of them.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.