dangercdv Posted January 29, 2016 Report Posted January 29, 2016 BTW the new SA-15 is now rated at 750rms, but still just take it slow and youll be happy. Upload it when its done, looking good!
CONNOR65 Posted January 29, 2016 Author Report Posted January 29, 2016 I couldn't find the new 15 for sale on anything. I was googling sundown sa 15 rev3,and all I could find is the 12" rev3 with the higher rms power. But I will definitely post it up when it's done.
dangercdv Posted January 29, 2016 Report Posted January 29, 2016 ah gotcha, well either way its an awesome sub and youll be proud Cant wait to see, and hear
CONNOR65 Posted January 31, 2016 Author Report Posted January 31, 2016 Was really hoping I'd have it installed by yesterday but it's been hard finding time between work and school. I also made a mistake on the top design of it so I'm trying to find something that'll work. Here it is almost complete, I have alot of the carpet done just not the toptop. I also need to find some really sharp sizzors to cut the carpet along the edges where the carpet meets up. Here's a pic
CONNOR65 Posted February 1, 2016 Author Report Posted February 1, 2016 OK so I got everything installed and hooked up I just feel like my amp isn't pushing all the watts. I even wired the sub down to one ohm. Idk what's wrong. I just feel like there should be more bass.
CONNOR65 Posted February 1, 2016 Author Report Posted February 1, 2016 Is there an easy way to measure the watts to the subs?
Triticum Agricolam Posted February 2, 2016 Report Posted February 2, 2016 Is there an easy way to measure the watts to the subs? The short answer is no. You can measure the output voltage from your amp with a DMM when playing a test tone at full blast. That will tell if something is way out of whack. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
dangercdv Posted February 2, 2016 Report Posted February 2, 2016 Make sure everything is hooked up correctly. I had the same problem and it ended up being a simple lose wire. Just double check everything. Hope you enjoy it!
CONNOR65 Posted February 2, 2016 Author Report Posted February 2, 2016 OK so went ahead and watched a YouTube on how to measure the voltage to find AC voltage. I have my sub wired to ohm. My amp is rated at 2100w @1ohm (no way), I took the square root and got roughly 45v. After running a 50hz 0db test on YouTube. The most I measures was 21v. This is at my normal listening volume on my deck volume @27 where max is @35. So at 21v, I squared it and got roughly 450w. So I'm only pushing 450w rms to my sub??? Did I do this right? I could turn up the bass boost on the amp up and get close 45v, but I hear that's not good to do. Let me know what yall think
Triticum Agricolam Posted February 2, 2016 Report Posted February 2, 2016 Well, just based by what your amps fusing is, its probably isn't going to put out much more than 900-1,000 watts on a good day. I would hope you could get more than 450 out of it though. Just measuring voltage won't tell you exactly how much power you are getting out of your amp. It will give you a best case scenario, actual output will be less, but there is no cheap and easy way to measure actual output. Measuring voltage can at least give you an idea whats going on though. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.