afrakes Posted January 30, 2016 Report Posted January 30, 2016 Hey guys, thinkin about putting these posts on my box as terminals, I have 4 of them, so 2 posts per voice coil. Will these cause noticible resistance? They are pretty small compared to the 8 gauge I will be running. I usually drill holes just large enough for the wire to exit the box and caulk/silicone around the wire to reseal the box. Thoughts?? Vehicle: 2014 GMC Sierra 2500HD WT Head Unit: Pioneer DEH- Mids/Highs: Focal Integration ISC 165’s (front) Subs/Amps: TBD
Triticum Agricolam Posted January 30, 2016 Report Posted January 30, 2016 How much power are you running? Just out of curiosity, what speaker kit are those from? "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
afrakes Posted January 30, 2016 Author Report Posted January 30, 2016 Well, I'm an idiot and answered my own question. Just realized the bolts are only 1/2" long and I don't want to recess these bad boys so I'm just going to drill a holes and run wire that way. Vehicle: 2014 GMC Sierra 2500HD WT Head Unit: Pioneer DEH- Mids/Highs: Focal Integration ISC 165’s (front) Subs/Amps: TBD
Jessica Posted February 2, 2016 Report Posted February 2, 2016 I use 1/2" stainless bolts 1/2" or 5/16" cause a 1/2" bolt is a monster for a speaker terminal. Rest in peace, walled 87 accord build log 03' Corolla build with AA Mayhem inside. My super random youtube channel and terrible camera work. Wiring comparison by CaptainzPlanetz Wire and fuse guide by Guest SyKo13
bman8891 Posted February 2, 2016 Report Posted February 2, 2016 I use 1/2" stainless bolts1/2" or 5/16" cause a 1/2" bolt is a monster for a speaker terminal. Thank you, you're right. When I said 1/2" I was thinking about the wrench size for the bolt head not the shaft diameter lol.
Jessica Posted February 2, 2016 Report Posted February 2, 2016 happens all the time. no worries Rest in peace, walled 87 accord build log 03' Corolla build with AA Mayhem inside. My super random youtube channel and terrible camera work. Wiring comparison by CaptainzPlanetz Wire and fuse guide by Guest SyKo13
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.