Pizanchyn Posted February 1, 2016 Report Posted February 1, 2016 I work at a GMC dealership and I'm looking to lease a Sierra this year sometime. I'd like to get the SLT because of the Bose audio but it's not worth the extra $5,000 to upgrade from the SLE model. So I'm looking for a good way to integrate an amp and subwoofer(s) into the factory 8" radio. I wouldn't want to do any kind of crazy build, just a few shallow mounts in a custom or prefab box under the rear seat. I'm not sure if anyone on here has done something like this before but any info would be helpful. Thanks! P.S. I know doing something like this to a lease isn't ideal but oh well lol 2008 Pontiac Grand Prix Currently: Powder coated 300amp Mike Singer Alt (1) XS Power D3400 (1) XS Power D3100 Future: CT Sounds CT2200.1D DC Audio 15" M2 XL Pioneer AVH-X4700BS
reedal Posted February 1, 2016 Report Posted February 1, 2016 I really wouldn't suggest adding aftermarket to a lease. At a minimum you'll have to splice into the wiring with a Line Out Converter, so by damaging the wiring by splicing into it, you're already altering the vehicle in a way that will probably violate the lease agreement (never leased so I'm not 100% on that). SMD Tool Map https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/193176-smd-tool-map-new-november-2014/ Build log https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/197217-reeds-03-tahoe-hat-sqaq-singer-xs-shca-cockbox-80prs/?page=32
Pizanchyn Posted February 1, 2016 Author Report Posted February 1, 2016 I really wouldn't suggest adding aftermarket to a lease. At a minimum you'll have to splice into the wiring with a Line Out Converter, so by damaging the wiring by splicing into it, you're already altering the vehicle in a way that will probably violate the lease agreement (never leased so I'm not 100% on that). Yeah I'm not really worried about it. I just want a solution that will provide a good signal and good power and isn't too expensive. 2008 Pontiac Grand Prix Currently: Powder coated 300amp Mike Singer Alt (1) XS Power D3400 (1) XS Power D3100 Future: CT Sounds CT2200.1D DC Audio 15" M2 XL Pioneer AVH-X4700BS
reedal Posted February 1, 2016 Report Posted February 1, 2016 I really wouldn't suggest adding aftermarket to a lease. At a minimum you'll have to splice into the wiring with a Line Out Converter, so by damaging the wiring by splicing into it, you're already altering the vehicle in a way that will probably violate the lease agreement (never leased so I'm not 100% on that).Yeah I'm not really worried about it. I just want a solution that will provide a good signal and good power and isn't too expensive. those last three things you listed, good signal, good power, and isn't too expensive. Pick two. You don't get all three (depending on your personal preference on what expensive is). My suggestion would be the Audio Control LC2i. Not too expensive, but typically pricey for the average consumer looking for a LOC, who ends up going with a cheap $20 one thinking it's exactly the same. SMD Tool Map https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/193176-smd-tool-map-new-november-2014/ Build log https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/197217-reeds-03-tahoe-hat-sqaq-singer-xs-shca-cockbox-80prs/?page=32
Pizanchyn Posted February 1, 2016 Author Report Posted February 1, 2016 I really wouldn't suggest adding aftermarket to a lease. At a minimum you'll have to splice into the wiring with a Line Out Converter, so by damaging the wiring by splicing into it, you're already altering the vehicle in a way that will probably violate the lease agreement (never leased so I'm not 100% on that).Yeah I'm not really worried about it. I just want a solution that will provide a good signal and good power and isn't too expensive.those last three things you listed, good signal, good power, and isn't too expensive. Pick two. You don't get all three (depending on your personal preference on what expensive is). My suggestion would be the Audio Control LC2i. Not too expensive, but typically pricey for the average consumer looking for a LOC, who ends up going with a cheap $20 one thinking it's exactly the same. Pricey for me is anything over a couple hundred in this case haha I was actually looking at that model earlier, it seems like it would be a good option. 2008 Pontiac Grand Prix Currently: Powder coated 300amp Mike Singer Alt (1) XS Power D3400 (1) XS Power D3100 Future: CT Sounds CT2200.1D DC Audio 15" M2 XL Pioneer AVH-X4700BS
reedal Posted February 1, 2016 Report Posted February 1, 2016 I've heard great things about AudioControl and their products. I never got to try out my LC7i before I sold it, but given all of the great reviews I have seen (from those who are familiar with 12v electronics and the Do's and Don'ts of installing) I can only imagine it being a quality product. SMD Tool Map https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/193176-smd-tool-map-new-november-2014/ Build log https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/197217-reeds-03-tahoe-hat-sqaq-singer-xs-shca-cockbox-80prs/?page=32
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.