Second Skin Audio

Cant figure port for Sundown SA 8v3 in recommended .5-.75 @35Hz

dturro

I did the calculations at .5 with 12 port area and i get way to much air speed, 68m/s at 20 inches long. If i do it with 30 port area, i get 63 inches long port 22m/s

SA-8v3 0.5net @33Hz 12 sqcm:

sa8.jpg

12 square inches of port area look just fine, check your model.

hmmm....them i might be using WinISD wrong....i fallowed the guide in how to input the driver parameters and everything. i am tuning at 35hz tho

tuning at 35 hertz. Then i am probably using WinISD wrong if i am getting 68m/s @ .5 with 12. I have two subs, what if i put them both in the same chamber? that would give me better numbers and smaller overall than if i go individual chambers.

Putting both subs in the same chamber and using one port will save you space and make everything easier.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

tuning at 35 hertz. Then i am probably using WinISD wrong if i am getting 68m/s @ .5 with 12. I have two subs, what if i put them both in the same chamber? that would give me better numbers and smaller overall than if i go individual chambers.

Putting both subs in the same chamber and using one port will save you space and make everything easier.

exactly what i just finished calculating and yes, no more headaches lol....now, i do have a question, is it better to run the port in the center or in one side, port will be facing the front

Putting the port on the side will give you the most efficient use of space and simplest box layout. It also tends to give the best performance, though the difference is pretty small.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

hmmm....them i might be using WinISD wrong....i fallowed the guide in how to input the driver parameters and everything. i am tuning at 35hz tho

Probably a coincidence but 68 feet / second is about 21 m/s.

Archived