Mross45640 Posted February 21, 2016 Report Posted February 21, 2016 Hi guys let me give you some back ground on my problem need your opinions.i have Jvc head unit that till yesterday was hooked up to autotek amp running at 2 ohm.the amp and head unit both kicked into protection mode.i reset head unit got it working I put new amp into tonight powers on but nothing coming out of sub.did I burn up something in the rca output on head unit?i ran another 12 volt source to amp remote still nothing
reedal Posted February 21, 2016 Report Posted February 21, 2016 Measure your voice coils SMD Tool Map https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/193176-smd-tool-map-new-november-2014/ Build log https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/197217-reeds-03-tahoe-hat-sqaq-singer-xs-shca-cockbox-80prs/?page=32
reedal Posted February 21, 2016 Report Posted February 21, 2016 DMM set to read resistance. Place probes on subwoofer terminals, make sure it's what it's supposed to be. You didn't give any info on the sub SMD Tool Map https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/193176-smd-tool-map-new-november-2014/ Build log https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/197217-reeds-03-tahoe-hat-sqaq-singer-xs-shca-cockbox-80prs/?page=32
Mross45640 Posted February 21, 2016 Author Report Posted February 21, 2016 Ok I measured one coil is 4.8 other is 2.3
reedal Posted February 21, 2016 Report Posted February 21, 2016 You made sure they were disconnected from all speaker wires correct? SMD Tool Map https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/193176-smd-tool-map-new-november-2014/ Build log https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/197217-reeds-03-tahoe-hat-sqaq-singer-xs-shca-cockbox-80prs/?page=32
Mross45640 Posted February 21, 2016 Author Report Posted February 21, 2016 Yes I had sub out of the box from earlier
Mross45640 Posted February 21, 2016 Author Report Posted February 21, 2016 I just hooked wires to the one reading 4.8 slide it back in box tried it it plays at barely any volume and really flat
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.