Jump to content

Questions Running 2 Processors with an Optical Toslink Signal Input


Recommended Posts

Posted

Ok so here's what I'm looking at. I'm planning for the future, that's why I have questions.

Currently I'm installing a Tablet in my dash as my sole source unit. I'll be utilizing the usb to HDMI output for the best signal out of the tablet.

The HDMI will currently be going into a View HD HDMI Converter, which converts HDMI to Optical Toslink as well as Analog RCA.

I'll then be going Optical Toslink into an Ampere Audio JM-1 Processor.

My question is, in the future when I add on to this system, I'm going to be out of channels on this processor. I'll need a second one.

Will I loose signal quality, if I run channels 7 & 8 flat out of the first JM-1, and then into the second JM-1 inputs?

The other option I was thinking about, was getting a second View HD Converter, and adding in a View HD HDMI Splitter which would give me 2 HDMI outputs. I could run one optical to each processor.

Volume - I won't be using the processor volume remote. I bought a Satechi Media Button which has bluetooth volume and controls the tablet. I've tried it, it works, it works with Optical Toslink output. So the volume won't be an issue.

Obviously it'll be easier and cheaper to run a set of RCA's from one to another. But I'm not worried about cheaper. I just want to know if the signal will be lost doing it via RCA or if it matters which of the two directions I suggested.

Thoughts please?

Posted

I would do the 2 inputs to each processor I have not played with the ones you are talking about... But stuff can get funny if you go from processor to processor even at flat there are usually some output filters on a processor fade and balance will be funky to. doing adjustments can get tricky if you forget what processor is doing what then you put an adjustment on the wrong channels I can just see so much more going wrong jumping processor to processor vs 2 inputs

could work fine but you are opening up yourself to more problems doing it the cheap lazy way IMO this is pure speculation

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

Posted

ya like I said it could work or it can cause you a whole lot of headaches

with an input for each processor you pretty much know it will work right the first time

that right there makes it worth it to me

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1171 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...